Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Shopping List
Here is my short list. I have some dry powder. I just wish I had it a month ago. Your comments and suggestions will be appreciated.

GNTX
WMT
NOV
QCOM
GILD

Thanks
BLTN
Better Late Than Never
Your portfolio looks good for starters. You may want to look at ABT and/or LLY for long term holds. I'm watching WMT to pick up additional partial positions on further weakness. Long WMT, LLY, ABT. Holding about 100 stocks in all 10 GICS sectors. Good Luck on your investing endeavor.

M$$I
Just commented on your portfolio thread but thought I'd add here.

If it were me, I'd add to my GILD position here. Since I don't foresee a big drop in the earnings any time in the near future, I'm wondering how long it will take for Mr. Market to realize GILD is just gushing cash and has a bright future. I still don't get it.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(10-25-2015, 09:16 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: If it were me, I'd add to my GILD position here. Since I don't foresee a big drop in the earnings any time in the near future, I'm wondering how long it will take for Mr. Market to realize GILD is just gushing cash and has a bright future. I still don't get it.

I own GILD in my IRA and I'm "never" getting rid of it but here are a few points regarding the future of their revenue:

Quote:Growth is slowing due to price push back from insurance companies for the very flagship hepatitis C drugs Harvoni and Sovaldi we just discussed. Further, The Motley Fool reported that AbbVie's competing combination drug, Viekira Pak, is starting to capture larger market share. To quote the article, "Put simply, we may have already seen the high-water mark for Gilead's hep C franchise."

Worse yet, Gilead's HIV drugs have their critical patents expiring in the period 2018 to 2022. When patents expire, those same drugs become available under generic labels.

(10-26-2015, 07:53 AM)rapidacid Wrote: I own GILD in my IRA and I'm "never" getting rid of it but here are a few points regarding the future of their revenue:

Quote:Growth is slowing due to price push back from insurance companies for the very flagship hepatitis C drugs Harvoni and Sovaldi we just discussed. Further, The Motley Fool reported that AbbVie's competing combination drug, Viekira Pak, is starting to capture larger market share. To quote the article, "Put simply, we may have already seen the high-water mark for Gilead's hep C franchise."

Worse yet, Gilead's HIV drugs have their critical patents expiring in the period 2018 to 2022. When patents expire, those same drugs become available under generic labels.

There was a news release last week about Viekira Pak causing deaths in certain patients with advanced liver disease. I don't see VP taking additional market share from Gilead any time soon.

Gilead also released news about Stage 3 trials for its next generation HIV drug Genvoya that is supposed to be less stressful to patients with similar positive effects. If this is approved it pushes the patent cliff back.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha