Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Pleasing 24 Hours (MCD)
It started last night when the NY Mets swept the NL title. In the only professional sport that interests me enough to watch other than grass growing and paint peeling, maybe we'll get to witness another miracle 46 years since the Miracle Mets came out of nowhere to win the World Series. Cool

Likewise, I wake up this morning to news that McDonalds beat earnings estimates with earnings of $1.40 vs. $1.27 and a depressed year ago quarter of $1.09. Revenues also stepped up the pace at $6.62b vs. $6.41b a year ago. Of course, they're not out of the woods yet. Big companies like that don't turn on a dime. Maybe now we'll get that dividend announcement we've been waiting for. Big Grin

I think today is the day to get an Egg McMuffin for lunch and toast Tom Seaver, Tug McGraw, Jerry Koosman, Bud Harrelson, Tommie Agee, Donn Clendenon, Cleon Jones, Jerry Grote, Ron Swoboda and the rest of the team.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Nice post, DW. I'm not a baseball fan, but my boss (who I like a lot) is a big Mets fan, so I am rooting for them to go all the way.

As for MCD, I'm not sure how often I've said that they'll be just fine in the medium to long term, but it is more than a few. I've always thought it interesting that the share price never really reflected the full extent of the doom and gloom surrounding the company lately. And now, with one earnings report above expectations, they put in a new all time high (I think?). I have not been buying the dips on MCD, as there have been better opportunities in my opinion (oil!), but I've not worried about my MCD shares and certainly haven't considered dumping them.
I agree it was great to see some good news out of MCD. I think next quarter should be even better on roll-out of all-day breakfast as that wasn't even started yet with these results.

Hoping for a dividend announcement soon, 5% raise maybe?
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I think they said they'd announce the raise in November...No idea what it will be, but celebrating with you all and very long MCD.
Wow, over $112 today.
I find the last year's commentary on MCD quite amusing. 6-12 months ago articles everywhere poo pooed MCD, saying how it should be like Chipotle. Articles complained about lack of fresh ingredients, bad food, bad stores, blah blah blah. Now the tables have turned and Chipotle's stock has tanked and MCD is soaring yet as a consumer I cant tell any difference between now and then in either establishment.
Holy crap, I didn't realize it when I started this thread that it was also my birthday. Later in the day, both my kids and my dad remembered and called me to wish me a happy BD without prompting from anyone. A pleasing 24 hours indeed! Big Grin
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Happy belated Birthday, DW!