Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KenBob IRA
I am changing jobs, so I have decided to use this opportunity to transfer all my 401Ks to an IRA. I dislike 401Ks due to their high fees and limited fund choices. With the new IRA, I will be able to have a dividend stock portfolio based on my investment method.

All stocks on my shortlist that are at or below fair value will be funded. These include, AJG, CBU, CSCO, CSX, DOW, EMR, INTC, IP, JNJ, MMM, MRK, NSC, NUE, ORI, T, TUP, UNP, VZ, ALE, AVA, SO, CPT, HCP, MAA, STAG, VTR.

Items on my shortlist that are currently above fair value will not be funded, including GIS, KMB, PG, SYY, WEC, WM, O, PPS.

There is no doubt disagreement on the value of stocks and what stocks I have included in my shortlist. The most notable is the lack energy stocks, which I have stated in other threads that I believe the price of oil will increase but I am skeptical that the earnings will also increase.
KenBob, in my opinion it's nice to have control over just what securities you hold in your retirement account allowing you determine portfolio yield, safety & growth.

It seems like an opportune time to do it and I like your short lost. I pretty much agree with the overvalued list. Sooner or later, most of them have got to follow the rest of the market down but when. I'm certain that it would be just after I dropped a significant portion of cash into one of them but other, than that, I haven't a clue.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan