Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shopping List
(09-28-2015, 01:55 PM)Rasec Wrote: ohh boy, the market is taking another beating today

[Image: 7MiirlZ.png]

But funny enough no sales for MMM, JNJ, MO, KO, etc...

Seeing Amazon dropping 5% makes me dizzy...

Where did you find this nifty chart? Pray tell! Smile
Yeah it's on the finviz.com homepage. A nice little overview of the sectors.
(10-15-2015, 02:37 PM)Dividendsrule Wrote: Yeah it's on the finviz.com homepage. A nice little overview of the sectors.

Thanks!!!!! Yes, the sector overview is nice.
It's an amazing tool! I love it.

http://finviz.com/map.ashx

Because I'm in PST and I wake up at 6 (9am EST, before NYSE opens) I always check Asia and Europe markets and it almost always reflects what will happen in the SP500 for the day, at least for the morning period.

Like today, Asia and Europe are on the green, guess what happened with the SP500:

[Image: PyEBqzl.png]

[Image: WzsQt2v.png]
By the way, I was hunting around regarding EMR and it seems they will be keeping the dividend constant even after their spin-off. That makes me happier about buying more. ..so I thought I'd share that. A commenter on seeking alpha got that impression from EMR investor relations.
That's a good piece of information about the EMR dividend. It's on my short list for my next purchase.
It's still a little odd with the huge spin off next year with the business that the CEO says he doesn't want on his tombstone. Nonetheless, excellent company, excellent record, diverse revenues, and it seems dividend safety as well. I'll try and double check about the dividend when I can...
I have one more EMR purchase to do for a full position and I'm seriously considering WMT, especially if the yeild can break 3.5%. VFC is now officially on my watch list but I would like to see it get beaten down some more.
Utilities taking a beating, opp for whoever is liquid out there (unfortunately I'm not):

[Image: sUOdS9P.png]
(11-06-2015, 10:18 AM)Rasec Wrote: Utilities taking a beating, opp for whoever is liquid out there (unfortunately I'm not):

Still not down to decent prices yet as they ran right back up near the end of the correction.

REITs are starting to breakdown again too. I have a little cash after the correction buying spree so don't know which is going to eat up the cash first when prices come down some more.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Lots of stuff near 52 week lows

[Image: M2iLfQp.jpg]

(12-21-2015, 07:45 AM)rapidacid Wrote: Lots of stuff near 52 week lows

[Image: M2iLfQp.jpg]
I love those Stockrover tabs.  I use this one and only buy from the stuff at the top there.  Buy low, sell never.