Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shopping List
(02-02-2016, 04:39 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Not a dividend stock.
But what are you guys thinking about Spirit Airlines (SAVE) ?

I looked at it once before due to its high growth rate but I see it is now projected to have an earnings decrease in 2016. Also, considering it is an airline that has likely benefited greatly from the crash in crude oil and its fuel prices leads me to think it may be at an earnings peak. I am also turned off by the BB- credit rating as that is not investment grade.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
If you had 10k extra on your pocket where would you deploy it right now?
(02-03-2016, 10:25 AM)Rasec Wrote: If you had 10k extra on your pocket where would you deploy it right now?

Split evenly among JNJ, DIS, HSY, IBM & XOM.  I like to sleep well at night.
A cursory glance shows WFC starting to look attractive. I'm going to perform more research and dig into their financials tonight.
(02-03-2016, 11:53 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Split evenly among JNJ, DIS, HSY, IBM & XOM.  I like to sleep well at night.

I should have provided more information, my bad. I already own all those names with full positions at the moment with the exception of DIS.

My question right now is if I continue opening new positions (I have around 30 stocks at the moment) or increase my weight in existing ones (basically doubling what a full position is for me right now and define a new baseline).
(02-03-2016, 03:23 PM)Rasec Wrote:
(02-03-2016, 11:53 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Split evenly among JNJ, DIS, HSY, IBM & XOM.  I like to sleep well at night.

I should have provided more information, my bad. I already own all those names with full positions at the moment with the exception of DIS.

My question right now is if I continue opening new positions (I have around 30 stocks at the moment) or increase my weight in existing ones (basically doubling what a full position is for me right now and define a new baseline).

I see.  In that case, I think long term and generally buy what's the most undervalued at the time.  Today, probably add more to HSY.
(02-04-2016, 09:00 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:

I see.  In that case, I think long term and generally buy what's the most undervalued at the time.  Today, probably add more to HSY.

Perfect answer, DGarden. My thoughts exactly. 30 stocks should be plenty diversified, so pour new funds into the best opportunity available to you at the moment, even if that means going "overwieght." And as you already said, as your portfolio grows, what constitutes a full position grows too. See my illustrations from this older thread, worth dusting off. (Mostly because I was so proud of my pictures! Tongue )
I my definitions of position are related to what percentage of the total portfolio's dividends does a particular stock contribute.

Full position: 4-6%
Overweight: 7-8%
Small: 3% or less

Alternatively, you make a goal for your full positions to contribute say $100 per year in dividends, overweight contribute $150, and small positions contribute $50. Once you hit this goal, reset them higher to say full:$200, overweight:$300, and small:$100.
(02-04-2016, 09:00 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:

I'm a bit inclined to open positions in V, SBUX and NKE. Today was a good dip for all 3. I'll think about it over the weekend.
(02-05-2016, 04:56 PM)Rasec Wrote: I'm a bit inclined to open positions in V, SBUX and NKE. Today was a good dip for all 3. I'll think about it over the weekend.

WOW!!! Am I happy to see the market this morning and that I didn't pull the trigger over the weekend! NKE and V down almost 6%, SBUX and DIS 3.5%! Sometimes being lazy is not a bad thing...  Angel
Yeah, all that red makes me a little giddy as well!
(02-08-2016, 11:32 AM)Rasec Wrote:
(02-05-2016, 04:56 PM)Rasec Wrote: I'm a bit inclined to open positions in V, SBUX and NKE. Today was a good dip for all 3. I'll think about it over the weekend.

WOW!!! Am I happy to see the market this morning and that I didn't pull the trigger over the weekend! NKE and V down almost 6%, SBUX and DIS 3.5%! Sometimes being lazy is not a bad thing...  Angel

I added to SBUX and NKE Friday. Also, to MA instead of V (I own both. MA dropped below my cost basis so I decided to add there instead of V). I was pretty happy about all the prices I got at the time. Less so after I woke up after market close today lol Wish I had woken up earlier so I could have added more!!! :Big Grin

Sbux looks like it's mostly recovered from the early losses. Market is going bananas though so I'm sure I'll get another chance soon.

My question for you Rasec is since you had such better prices Monday than Friday did you pull the trigger?!