Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dow Chemical Company
Hey everyone,

Got a random voicemail from my broker today regarding a voluntary exchange of Dow Chemical stocks and a deadline by monday to call them back. I'm stuck in a meeting all day today and can't give them a call for now.

Anyone knows what this is all about?
https://reorgdocumentlibrary.broadridge....60543103/c

Lemme know when you get through all 288 pages ...

I'm not doing anything.

Ohh my f....

I almost fell asleep after reading 2 paragraphs...

I wonder if they are covering the 288 pages on the call Big Grin
Gave the broker a call, short story of the 288 pages, Dow is selling their "chlorine division" (whatever that means) to Olin (OLN), a company I had never heard about but pays an interesting dividend.

Because I'm a major shareholder of Dow with an impressive 46 shares altogether, I'm still not sure I should transfer part of them to OLN or not...

Probably not, will keep things as they are...
(09-24-2015, 05:03 PM)Rasec Wrote: ... Dow is selling their "chlorine division" (whatever that means) to Olin (OLN), a company I had never heard about but pays an interesting dividend.

Olin is a cyclical chemical company (that also makes Winchester ammunition) that's pretty steady for their industry but so is their dividend. It's been $0.20 per quarter for at least 12 years that I can recall.

When the stock price is low, the dividend yield is pretty good. To their credit, when business is bad, they continue to pay the dividend. The yield is about 4.5% now but you won't see it grow.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan