Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young, Green investor. Questions abound.
(08-21-2015, 01:46 PM)Divaddendum Wrote: [quote='benjamen' pid='8422' dateline='1440182487']

Right, and to stick to that dollar amount, wouldn't fractional shares be necessary? For example, if I plan to DCA $50 every month into a stock, if the stock costs more than $50 and I can't fractionally purchase it, what would someone do then?
If you are looking at a particular stock, you can go to the company's website and see if they offer a "Direct Investment" plan. You make a minimum initial investment and then set-up monthly withdrawals from your bank account. Partial shares are no problem and you can automatically re-invest dividends. Wells Fargo has a bunch of companies to choose from at https://www.shareowneronline.com/UserMan...Index.aspx
I'm sure there are others.
Beware of expenses, read the Prospectus carefully.
I set one up to invest in BMY , just for the heck of it. What I like about it, is I never look at it. I have no clue how much cash is in there unless I look at the occasional email.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Young, Green investor. Questions abound. - by benjamen - 08-21-2015, 01:41 PM
RE: Young, Green investor. Questions abound. - by benjamen - 08-21-2015, 01:56 PM
RE: Young, Green investor. Questions abound. - by kayboy - 08-21-2015, 08:10 PM
RE: Young, Green investor. Questions abound. - by ChadR - 08-21-2015, 02:06 PM