Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CCP
Got my shares of CCP from my VTR holdings, what are folks planning to do with those? Any info on a dividend there?
Im still waiting for mine to show up...still not in my account yet.

Dividends are not officially declared yet, but they will be: $0.73 /share quarterly for VTR and $0.57 /share quarterly for CCP.
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtm...ID=2080183

CCP's starting yield will be 6.45%.

I have just a handful of shares from the spinoff...I intend to add to the position.
Was it a 1-4 split, meaning 1 share of VTR now =4 shares? And what price were the CCP shares assigned to us at?

(08-20-2015, 09:32 PM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: Im still waiting for mine to show up...still not in my account yet.

Dividends are not officially declared yet, but they will be: $0.73 /share quarterly for VTR and $0.57 /share quarterly for CCP.

I have just a handful of shares from the spinoff...I intend to add to the position.
(08-20-2015, 09:48 PM)mikejody Wrote: Was it a 1-4 split, meaning 1 share of VTR now =4 shares? And what price were the CCP shares assigned to us at?

(08-20-2015, 09:32 PM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: Im still waiting for mine to show up...still not in my account yet.

The number of VTR shares wont change. They will remain the same.
For every 4 shares of VTR - 1 new share of CCP was issued.

VTR was trading at $68 before spin-off. On spin-off, VTR dropped to $60 and combining four of the $8 units of the newly formed CCP, the CCP shares should've started trading at $32. Its not showing up on Google Finance yet, but on Bloomberg its showing $35.48 as the stock price for CCP.
(08-20-2015, 11:03 PM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 09:48 PM)mikejody Wrote: Was it a 1-4 split, meaning 1 share of VTR now =4 shares? And what price were the CCP shares assigned to us at?

VTR was trading at $68 before spin-off. On spin-off, VTR dropped to $60 and combining four of the $8 units of the newly formed CCP, the CCP shares should've started trading at $32. Its not showing up on Google Finance yet, but on Bloomberg its showing $35.48 as the stock price for CCP.

Wow that's the spin off prices? I bought in at $59.03 VTR and got CCP at $35.12
Perfect, thank you very much.

(08-20-2015, 11:03 PM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote:

Planning to hold my shares until I learn more about them. The company was part of my original investment in VTR, so I feel no hurry to make a decision or take any action, although new money will still go to VTR.
Normally, I sell a spin-off. I am planning on waiting until after the x-div date for CCP, then making my decision. A lot of the decision will depend upon the credit rating assigned.
Intuitively, keeping a spin off would seem to make little sense to me. After all the parent company got rid of the asset because they felt that the divested part of the business wasn't worth having, or they retain some interest in order to milk the property without having to carry the debt associated with it. Surely this is a naive way of looking at the situation, but just from this common sense view, would seem that the spin off is better for the parent than for the fledgling. If one liked the parent company, VTR in this case, well VTR should somehow be better because of the spin off. It would make more sense to me to sell the spin off shares and buy more VTR shares.
Alex
Brad Thomas had a detailed post about CCP a few days ago. I really like the CCP portfolio and while it doenst have the scale of OHI, looks like its it is in a position to do well. Hopefully the management is competitive enough to do so.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3435686-...ng-special
I changed my mind; the last thing I need is another company to follow. Sold my CCP and bought VTR.

Now was probably the worst time to do so since lots of other people are doing the same.
With the ongoing correction, I am not going to sell anytime soon. This will allow the data to firm up while the market does the same.