Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what's your favorite MLPs
Hi, I would like to buy some MLPs and would appreciate your suggestions please (do tell me why you like them). Thanks so much
Rather than lump MLPs together, it may be best to sort through The various subsectors that they occupy. Dividenddetective.com is an excellent site that presents MLPs in various categories. IMO the midstream pipeline MLPs are the most conservative businesses. EPD is probably the standout among them.

http://www.dividenddetective.com/mlp_directory.htm
Alex
(08-18-2015, 06:54 PM)jim Wrote: Hi, I would like to buy some MLPs and would appreciate your suggestions please (do tell me why you like them). Thanks so much
I don't like them...sorry. Life is too short to deal with K-1s (and I don't even do my own taxes).
Josh Brown (a sarcastic opinionated Wall Street pundit), has PLENTY to say about them, but I don't want to rain on your parade. Good Luck to you!

http://thereformedbroker.com/2015/08/16/...ithereens/
The biggest concern that I have over them is their constant reliance on capital market. Let the capital markets become dysfunctional for very long and many MLPs could unravel in a very harsh way. That said I'm weighted about 11% via KED and KMF. KMF currently has a nice discount to NAV. The CEF MLP funds also avoid the pesky K-1 forms. For me the diversified basket offered by the CEFs represents a sound choice.
Alex
I don't own any personally, but EPD, MMP, and PAA are three highly regarded ones.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Thank you all vey much, I appreciate that.

I wonder what your thoughts are on KMI if you've got a chance to look into it before.
KMI isn't an MLP.

A lot of the forum owns it.

BIP scores well in our system - only yields 5.3% but is in generally very stable and boring businesses (owns and operates utilities, transport and energy businesses).
for the past 2 weeks, I was contemplating initiating a position on TNH, solid balance sheet and high demand product... but realized that I didn't want to hold ownership in a single fertilizer factory for 10+ years no matter how profitable