Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here we go!
Hey there everyone. Started my portfolio in April 2015.

XOM
AAPL
CVX
JNJ
UNP
WPC
AFL

They are all pretty evenly weighted, with XOM edging out as my most weighted position.

Looking at EMR as my next purchase.
Good start to your portfolio, and I like EMR as your next pick.
Congratulations! I agree it is a great start.

(And I might buy some EMR myself, if I could only stop buying XOM for a moment....)
Bought my first shares of XOM just under $78. Probably will add again in October, hopefully at under $70. EMR is in my big cap motif. Hope to add to that on the next 5%+ general correction. As Warren says, [Let the price come to you!]
Alex
Wow that didn't take long! XOM trading at under $70 premarket, with yield well over 4%. I'll likely make an incremental buy today, but the current low this morning of $69.27 is still a bit over my GTC which is set a little under $69.
Alex
So I made some modifications to my portfolio and now that I have a more developed plan with specific requirements, there will likely be no selling unless one of my requirements are met.

I sold my position at both AFL and WPC.

AFL was a potential growth play, however I'm very disappointed with their dividend increase considering their initial yield is not very attractive. Combined with the declining population in Japan, I felt like AFL was a good company but felt like my money could be used better else where.

WPC was a buy before I had developed any real system of valuing/screening a stock. The uncertainty behind the company splitting up added to this. The reason I liked WPC in the beginning was their diversification.

Both positions were sold at prices that were higher than were bought.

I also ..
Initiated a position at EMR (41 shares @ around 49)
Increased my position with JNJ when the price hit around 93
Increased my position at Apple by 1000 dollars (apple gave a stock bonus to their employees last month)

Currently the portfolio:
AAPL
XOM
JNJ
CVX
EMR
UNP

On my watchlist: NSRGY, KO, PG, MMM, TROW, PEP, O
Will let the price come to me though Wink