Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new to investing
Hi all, I am 27 and just started investing in the past 2 weeks a small inheritance as a way to keep ahead of inflation. I found this forum through the dividend mantra blog and it looks like a good place with good ideas. I've only recently started reading Joshua Kennon's blog as well as dividend growth investor. I want to find help early to see if there are gaps in my strategy. I hope to contribute back to the community here when I have sufficient experience myself.
Welcome. Great to have more young people here, most take some time before they turn to dividend growth investing. :p And usually young people don't have money to invest anyway. But it's great that you managed to start young, in 20 or 30 years you will be smiling when looking at some of the stocks you bought right now!
Welcome to the forums pyfish! I'm in a similar boat to you, young (27) and just started DGI earlier in the year. I've found that immersing myself in financial literature (Seeking Alpha, financial blogs/books, etc) has really helped me gain experience. It sounds like you've started down the right path!

The more time I spend with DGI, the more I become convinced that it is the ideal investing strategy for me. I hope you find the DGI experience as rewarding as I do.
Welcome, pyfish. Looking forward to see your portfolio progress.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan