Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portfolio management
Thanks for the tip.
Notice that my app http://dividendgrowthforum.com/showthread.php?tid=1316 , although for PC only, it is portable so you can take it anywhere with you on a disk on key. The screenshot available now will be changed soon as I'm working now on a new interface to make it more user friendly.
Nothing wrong with Stock Rover but I would not pay for the data.

DG is a slow steady strategy, not a jump in and out as quickly as you can! It doesn't take much research to develop a list of solid DG stocks and even less to monitor them. What you want to do is develop your own strategy on entry points. Do you want to invest regular amounts ($ cost) or do you want to select the time to buy? Either way one should not rush into the decision.

Like Kerim I just use Excel.
But what if
you want to see projected incomes from dividends?

you want to know when a new dividend is declared without the need to manually search for it and manually enter it into your sheet?

you want to know right away that a company decreased its dividend because that is your get-out-strategy?

And more, those are just an example ofcourse.
(10-11-2015, 04:11 PM)Amos Wrote: But what if
you want to see projected incomes from dividends?
you want to know when a new dividend is declared without the need to manually search for it and manually enter it into your sheet?
you want to know right away that a company decreased its dividend because that is your get-out-strategy?

And more, those are just an example of course.
The only one of concern is the Div Cut. One normally doesn't get advance notice and it's usually posted or reported quickly.

As for the others what's the rush, my spreadsheet does the projection as soon as I enter the changes, even on a cut I wouldn't jump to sell. If you did your research and the stock met your criteria as a Long-term hold, than the cut may have been necessary and you might still want to keep the stock.

GE is an example, though many probably sold it. But if you had owned the stock for some time, you probably had a healthy Margin of Safety and might want to ride the dorp.
Amos ... thanks for the link to the application you are developing. I just opened it up and it looks great.
(10-12-2015, 10:28 AM)OldTimer Wrote: Amos ... thanks for the link to the application you are developing. I just opened it up and it looks great.

Thanks a lot! I appreciate your kind words. I'm now working on re-designing it to make it more user friendly (I hope Smile ). Don't hesitate to share your thoughts and questions.