Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TD Ameritrade now allows you to set DRIPs ... FINALLY!
TDA never used to allow you to add or remove stocks from the DRIP program on your own. You always had to call or email them to turn it on and off and it used to drive me up a wall. I used to get a little jealous when someone would mention they could just check a box for reinvestment on their brokerage's web site.

In its stead, I had been color-coding & marking tickers of stocks that weren't reinvesting so I could keep track of it on my own. When things got busy, sometimes I'd forget to update my spreadsheet and then I'd have to resort to digging through my old emails to see what I had done.

Well, it seems in the last bunch of updates, they now allow you to edit their DRIP settings. If you used TDA and haven't noticed it yet, it's under the "My Account" menu when you log in.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Sick ... thanks for the heads up!

Awesome, thank you for the notice! This was a BIG annoyance!
I for one, called TD a lot and complained about that and several other things.
I was told by several of their customer service people "keep calling and suggesting and it should get handled.
That is a feature I love to have.

Jim