Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you keep track of growing dividends?
Hi

What is your way to track dividends growth? Making sure that a dividend growth company still doing so?

I mean from both notification-wise (email, subscription list, other) and making sure that the new div is greater than the previous one.

Thanks
You can get an automatic email from seeking alpha whenever one of the stocks you are following declares a dividend. If I want a good look at a company's dividend history I use nasdaq.com or surpise surprise, their own website.
Thanks, I was talking about a "push" notification, not me needing to go into site after site to know that Smile

SeekingAlpha also tells you if a div grew since last time?
What about a company that stops or lowers its dividend? Then no declaration occurs hence no email, no?
Don't think of dividend growth in the short term. Look back, at least 10 years, of a companies dividend history. Record the increases over that period, then look into the other factors of the company.
I use the seeking alpha app, no email alerts. You can choose to turn on push notifications about all the companies you watch. However I turned off all notifications and just check my feed daily.

Also, you can sign up for IR emails on just about any company's website.
I just wait for someone to post it here!

(I also keep a spreadsheet for every company that I follow, which includes each quarterly dividend back to 2008. I occasionally update each company, and if I happen to have missed a raise, I'll see that on the company's investor relations website. In most cases, the raise comes at the same time every year, so it is not hard to follow.)
Thank you all for your replies.
Seeking Alpha gives an option to subscribe only to the dividend related emails? I don't like my email to be filled with a lot of emails just so one email at a quarter will notify me of a dividend.

Actually my question was on the opposite side of things and that is, to know when/if a company reduced/cancelled its dividend Smile
(08-04-2015, 01:47 PM)Amos Wrote: Seeking Alpha gives an option to subscribe only to the dividend related emails? I don't like my email to be filled with a lot of emails just so one email at a quarter will notify me of a dividend.

Actually my question was on the opposite side of things and that is, to know when/if a company reduced/cancelled its dividend Smile

I know what you mean about the email. Subscribe to the AAPL emails and you'll be inundated. I did for a couple weeks and finally just cancelled all the SA emails altogether.

I have a sheet in my spreadsheet with columns by month for each company. That calculates the amount expected for the respective month and how many shares are expected to be added. As to the increases, like Kerim, I either watch for it here, peruse the SA dividend announcements or sometimes it's announced in the Yahoo portfolio pages. I don't really pay too much attention unless I see a cut. I check the actual % increases on the CCC spreadsheet when I am doing research.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan