Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brandes Institute - research
I was skimming the latest articles on the Benefits & Pension Monitor website and came across a book review of a publication from The Brandes Institute. Naturally, I became intrigued so found their website.

Background from the book review:
Quote:In 1971, shortly before Charles Brandes founded Brandes Investment Partners in San Diego, CA, he was an investment dealer fresh out of school when he met Graham, the father of value investing, in La Jolla, CA. Graham lived there after retiring from teaching at Columbia and the two met frequently: Brandes had read Graham’s two books and soon became a fervent disciple of value investing.

From The Brandes Institute website:
Quote: MISSION: Develop ideas & research to expand the investment community’s understanding of market behavior & portfolio management.

Explore & clarify complex investment topics to:
  1. Challenge misperceptions
  2. Raise awareness of investment issues
  3. Help people become more rational, long-term value investors
  4. Create dialogue among the investment community

There are a lot of research articles there worth perusing. One that stuck out to me was The Key to Long-Term Success: The Income Component of Returns.

The institute's home page is here.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Great find, DW! Can't wait to find a few hours to dig into some of that.