• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JP Morgan Economic Analysis
JPMorgan Guide to the Markets Q2 2016

http://www.jpmorganassetmanagement.lu/dm..._EN%5d.pdf
Thanks, Roadmap. I love this stuff.
JPMorgan's 'Guide to the Markets' for 3Q 2016 is out
https://am.jpmorgan.com/us/en/asset-mana...ownloadgtm
I love these.

The one thing that gets me though is slide 65 - average investor return. It's vague on the wording of what that is in the microscopic print, but I'd assume that this would imply that buying and holding is better than the average investor behavior.
(07-06-2016, 12:12 AM)navyasw02 Wrote: "buying and holding is better than the average investor behavior."

in general, this is always better, in my opinion.  That's why the market averages 8% returns every year over time, but the average investor averages 2% returns.  They buy, sell, etc and pay a lot of commissions & taxes with all of their activity.  With buying & holding, your cost basis goes down with each dividend, which amplifies your returns.  It's inevitable.
JPM's Guide to the Markets for 4Q 2016 is out.
https://am.jpmorgan.com/blob-gim/1383280...lebook.pdf
With the U.S. election in the history books, we know that Trump will reside in the White House for the next four years. With Trump focused on the economy JPM stock is one that shouldn’t be ignored. Solely based on a valuation, the shares are trading at a P/E ratio of 12.76, which is cheaper than the S&P 500, which has a P/E ratio of 24.88.
(11-16-2016, 01:45 AM)Sniper Wrote: JPM stock is one that shouldn’t be ignored. Solely based on a valuation, the shares are trading at a P/E ratio of 12.76, which is cheaper than the S&P 500, which has a P/E ratio of 24.88.

Why? What does JPM's P/E have to do with the markets? What are its prospects? What's going to change to cause JPM's outlook?
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(11-16-2016, 01:45 AM)Sniper Wrote: With Trump focused on the economy JPM stock is one that shouldn’t be ignored. Solely based on a valuation, the shares are trading at a P/E ratio of 12.76, which is cheaper than the S&P 500, which has a P/E ratio of 24.88.

You should probably compare JPM's P/E with it's peers, not the general market.  It looks like WFC and C both have P/E's that are lower than JPM's, and those were the first two that I checked.  Each industry generally has it's own factors to consider.
JPMorgan Guide to the Markets 1Q 2017
JP Morgan Guide to Markets for 1Q 2018
Awesome info, thanks for sharing!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha