Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying WFC!
Got WFC in October at 44.80 the same day with RY.TO and TD.TO to diversify. In Oct my own calcs prognosed > 12.3% total return for 5 - 10 yrs. Today fastgraphs shows a 3-5yr TL total return of 12%, so I guess we/WFC are on track.

The 12% is a safety line, I apply recently.
(02-09-2017, 11:35 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: How is everyone feeling about WFC nowadays?

I jumped in around $45 or $46 with a couple of different buys during the "scandal". While I had been eyeing WFC for a long time, I'm not too confident in the US banking sector and those buys were maybe more because of the beaten down price. I saw value and I grabbed it... and at first I considered it to be a decent addition to my portfolio but now I'm starting to question that decision. US banks have a history of causing havoc once in a while and I certainly wasn't too pleased with the latest quarterly report.

I'm thinking about selling.
The cash would go into increasing existing positions in my portfolio, 5 others and CM.TO which is the only financial on the buy list for February. Even though it wasn't the original idea, getting out now would make this a pretty damn good trade and with the companies I'm adding I'd be looking at more dividend income as well as probably higher dividend growth rate too.

Is anyone else thinking of selling or is WFC still a hold forever stock for you guys?

Bought my first WFC in 3/2013 @37.05. Over the years I've added here and there, sometimes re-investing dividends, sometimes taking cash.
There's really no method to my madness. I figure most bankers are more concerned about the bank than the shareholder.
I currently own 861 shares. I'm averse to selling what I buy so I just leave my positions alone for the most part. If I believe if it's good enough to buy
it's good enough to keep.
Disclaimer: Sometimes I change my mind. YMMV
(02-09-2017, 11:44 AM)EricL Wrote: No plans to sell mine as I think rising interest rates, potentially lower corporate taxes and reduced regulations should all help the banks.

I'm not buying more, and I wouldn't be overweight or anything, but I don't see any red flags right now that would cause me to sell.

Very good points on the possible future tailwinds.

The red flag that I see:
Comparing full year 2016 to 2015: Even with a 2% reduction in shares outstanding, the diluted EPS still fell by over 3%. It's certainly not the direction we want to be heading in.