Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today's Bargains?!
(08-25-2015, 04:03 PM)Kerim Wrote: Tomorrow I might grab some PH and some EMR. Thoughts?

Obviously, I like EMR since it's now in both our portfolios. Yielding almost 4% is a gift if you have patience.

PH at a ttm P/E around 14, Price/Cash Flow < 12, Price/Sales around 1.2, total debt/total cash on hand of about 1.6 (really low for an industrial -- Yahoo shows over $13/share just in cash & equivalents) looks pretty good to me. The only thing giving me pause is the yield around 2.4%. Their dividend growth rate is around 10% or higher IIRC. Since you're younger than me, I don't see a problem. They are a cyclical industrial so in a good recession their earnings and share price will take a hit so you might want to buy in chunks depending on the business cycle. I think I've mentioned it several times before -- I like this company; excellent products and shareholder focused.

The rollover this afternoon hints that better pricing might be ahead. Lowball GTC limit order?
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(08-25-2015, 04:03 PM)Kerim Wrote: Tomorrow I might grab some PH and some EMR. Thoughts?

Bought some EMR today. Of course it went down over another $1/share at the end of the day. It's sooooo hard to buy at the low of the day. I've actually had it happen a few times out of about 180 buys I've made in the last couple years, but it's all luck.

Of course, today's low could look sky high in a month or a year from now. But, EMR's P/E is 2 to 3 points lower than their average P/E over the last 5, 10 and 15 year periods, so I think no matter what it's a reasonably good deal.
(08-25-2015, 06:17 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: Their dividend growth rate is around 10% or higher IIRC.

5 year average dividend raise is 19.4%

Thanks, rapid. I didn't have time to check it.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

anyone following WMT? waiting for it to drop a little more