Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chemicals & Industrial Gases
Last few days Ive been reading up a bit and trying to understand the Chemicals and Industrial Gases space. So far, Ive looked into Dow Chemical, Air Products and Airgas, Praxair. Ive read their factsheets and glanced through their Investor Presentations/Annual Reports...but looking to read more research material comparing different companies in the space and their relative strengths and weaknesses with respect to each other.

If you are aware of some good resources, can you please share? Looking to learn more about this space.
It's not limited to Chemicals + Gas but here's a screen of the entire Basic Materials sector that was first trimmed via a filter of >0% dividend and >0% 5 year dividend average growth.

Then the results were ranked via the quant shown in the picture ... might give you some names to look at

Edit: This is just the first 20 results out of 179. Can include more if you'd like.

[Image: 91odMcE.png]

Thanks rapid. I was hoping to find research articles and qualitative analysis perhaps - providing an investment thesis for the whole sector and also comparing companies relative to one another.

I'll look into the ones youve pictured here.
There's been some positive coverage of PX on sa and it looks like a good company to own, and quantitatively looks like a better investment than APD. The fact that their feedstock (air) is free adds a measure of stability. Yet the P/E and the debt/equity both look a little high. I'm keeping it on my watch list.