Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STAG Industrial
My article on Seeking Alpha was just posted on STAG Industrial.

Aiming My Sights On A Beaten-Down STAG Industrial

I just opened a position in the company a couple days ago. The stock is down nearly 20% from its recent highs and currently yields just over 6%. It's a monthly dividend payer that has been growing nicely since its IPO and looks to have plenty of room to grow in the future.

Pairs nicely with my Realty Income (O), Omega Healthcare (OHI), and Digital Realty (DLR) for REIT holdings.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I've been considering STAG as well, after reading Brad Thomas's article(s). As I come inside the 10 yr mark for switch from re-investment to distribution, company's like STAG look attractive to me from an income standpoint. Good insights and run down on STAG--thanks!

Ronn
Nice article, Eric!

Like others, I had also read Brad T's article featuring STAG earlier today. With two recommendations like that, it is clearly worth a closer look.

My ARCP wound is still fresh, though, and when I see in your article that STAG has only been public a short time and has been growing rapidly, I get flashbacks.

Any reassurance?

Thanks!
(04-23-2015, 02:16 PM)Kerim Wrote: Nice article, Eric!

Like others, I had also read Brad T's article featuring STAG earlier today. With two recommendations like that, it is clearly worth a closer look.

My ARCP wound is still fresh, though, and when I see in your article that STAG has only been public a short time and has been growing rapidly, I get flashbacks.

Any reassurance?

Thanks!

I got burned on ARCP as well, but the BBB- and positive outlook for credit rating and seemingly conservative debt/EV levels reassured me with STAG. Also, STAG is growing by buying individual properties while ARCP was buying entire REIT portfolios from private holdings and doing large deals, IE the Red Lobster fiasco.

Totally different animals IMO.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
REITs are so funny. They act like individual issue bonds, but without the certainty of principal return. With that being said, I own STAG and am not selling. I may buy more but for right now am in a holding pattern.

I HAVE added to O, VTR and DLR. I am waiting on STAG, OHI and FPI. VTR is splitting into SNF/non SNF. The VTR SNF company will be a direct competitor to OHI, so I'm waiting to see how the spin off develops. STAG and FPI I simply haven't figured out yet. STAG has been punished proportionally more than other REITs and there must be a reason. I just don't know what that is at present....