Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Intelligent REIT Investor
Anyone have this subscription Brad's Forbes Real Estate Investor ? Do you find it a vaule?

I pay for Morningstar and Morningstar Dividend and find them both a vaule.

Thanks,

Ronn
(06-06-2015, 11:26 PM)ronn38 Wrote: Anyone have this subscription Brad's Forbes Real Estate Investor ? Do you find it a vaule?

I pay for Morningstar and Morningstar Dividend and find them both a vaule.

Thanks,

Ronn

I don't subscribe to his service, but do read all of his work on Seeking Alpha. He's the go-to guy when it comes to REITs.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I read Brad's articles on Seeking Alpha also, not as regular though since my Seeking Alpha app modified. He gives great stock analysis's and partakes in the comment section which is almost as valuable as the articles themselves. I thought about subscribing myself but tend to not like shelling out dollars for subscriptions. I prefer to get magazines that my wife can also enjoy.
I do not currently have a subscription, but have considered getting one.

The reasons why I'm currently considering a subscription are:
1) His work on Seeking Alpha is some of the best, certainly the best on REITs.
2) I think it will be useful to have his expertise and insight during the upcoming rising interest rate environment.
3) I expect his newsletter will contain a lot of great insight after the upcoming REIT week.

My primary concern is that I'm not sure how much value his newsletter will provide, given the quality and quantity of his work that is already on Seeking Alpha.

Does any one know where I could view a sample newsletter? I'm having trouble finding one.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/bradthomas/

http://seekingalpha.com/author/brad-thomas/articles

http://ireitinvestor.com/

I guess it all depends on how much you like reading about REITS and what kind of skin you have in the game concerning that investment arena. If I was a realtor, landlord or some other kind of real estate investor I would subscribe in a heartbeat, but since I'm not and only have 3 REITS and one real estate fund in my ROTH and Kplan, respectfully, reading his articles suffice my needs.
I also read everything Brad does on SA and subscribe to his free email alert service.

Learned a lot from him and sometimes even disagree! But he is usually very astute and his research is excellent
I let my subscription lapse. Information dense letter, but I felt like it wasn't of value to me, simply because such a small portion of my portfolio is in REITs.
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I find Brad's work on SA to be interesting and informative but not especially deep. He basically aggregates publicly disclosed information and compares REITs in graphs, which is useful, and presents companies using slides from their investor materials, which can make him sound like an IR parrot. Sometimes he interviews CEOs, so he's obviously connected or a recognized name. There's not a lot of qualitative deep dive, or discussion of sectors not directly connected to a certain stock. Maybe you get that in the newsletter. That said, his articles have had an important influence on my REIT selections.

I follow an author called Chilton REIT Team. They only publish occasionally but their work generally seems pretty insightful.
What you have to admire about BT is that he really loves what he does and he very rarely seems to wander from the REIT sector.
Ronn,

I've been a subscriber for quite a while now. Brad's writing style has improved enormously. He is very factual but also takes the time to explain things in a simple fashion.

He has several portfolio ideas to follow. I actually picked from each of them (right or wrong....)

I think the fact that Forbes stands behind him (an assumption...) gives him a little more weight.

He is also very accessible for questions.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rob
There are people who use up their entire lives making money so they can enjoy the lives they have entirely used up
Frederick Buechner
I find REITs to be far more complicated than one would think that their business models should be. Not being a numbers guy, I've opted to simply spread the play, taking the good with the bad and being willing to take average results from that exposure. Currently my REIT exposure is via ROOF and KBWY. I would like to own a cross section of the blue chip REITs via VNQ, but yields are just too low right now. I'll be very patient and will buy shares when the yield is closer to 4.5%-5%. We no longer own any individual tickers in the sector, though may put together a motif at some point. The nice thing about this method is a complete absence of DD related to any specific REIT.
Alex