Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Brokerage?
(04-15-2016, 10:23 AM)lucas03 Wrote: Hi OsztalekPortfolio_HUN, in Europe you may try Degiro.hu.
They have really low fees for US stocks, however stock prices are not real-time, they don't support DRIP and fractional shares at the moment.
From what I have heard, it is good broker for long term investors, not that good for traders.

Thanks, will check it out.
The thing I like about IB  is that my account is protected up to 500K$. I hope I can find another broker that is as reliable as IB.
(04-15-2016, 09:56 AM)OsztalekPortfolio_HUN Wrote: Anyone from Europe here?

I am using Interactive Brokers at the moment but want to open another account so that not all my money is with IB.
The problem is that as a Hungarian I am not allowed to open an account at most of the reputable brokers I know.

Any ideas I should check out?
Thanks in advance.

I use IB myself, so I don't have any personal experience from any other good brokers.
However a lot of people I've talked to recommend Lynx. Decent prices, good reputation and good service.
(04-15-2016, 11:04 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(04-15-2016, 09:56 AM)OsztalekPortfolio_HUN Wrote: Anyone from Europe here?

I am using Interactive Brokers at the moment but want to open another account so that not all my money is with IB.
The problem is that as a Hungarian I am not allowed to open an account at most of the reputable brokers I know.

Any ideas I should check out?
Thanks in advance.

I use IB myself, so I don't have any personal experience from any other good brokers.
However a lot of people I've talked to recommend Lynx. Decent prices, good reputation and good service.

I am 100% satisfied with IB, the only thing is that I don't want to wake up one day to see that IB is gone and I have to start from zero...

So I need a reliable 2nd choice broker. Transaction costs don't matter much as I am not an active trader but a long-term investor. But account maintenance fees should be reasonable.
I use Computershare for DRIP accounts, but also have accounts with OptionsXpress (bought by Charles Schwab) and Loyal3 (I just keep buying BRK.b here). I'm happy with all of them so far.
I currently use CapitolOne Investing, but they don't support buying preferred issues (which I'm thinking of exploring)-- any suggestions for on-line brokers in the same cost category ($7 per trade)? OTC as well?

Thanks,

Ronn
(05-17-2016, 09:31 PM)ronn38 Wrote: I currently use CapitolOne Investing, but they don't support buying preferred issues (which I'm thinking of exploring)-- any suggestions for on-line brokers in the same cost category ($7 per trade)? OTC as well?

Thanks,

Ronn

Well, I just made another thread about this in the "off topic" section I'm really leaning towards Fidelity $7.95 or Merrill Edge $6.95 per trade with possible free trades available. I didn't make the move yet.

I was really impressed with Fidelity, they really upped the anti with their updates.
Anyone out there using Merril Lynch? If yes, have you been had issues to log in lately?

"We are sorry, but an error occurred while trying to retrieve your data. Please try again later."

Not what you expect to see from what you'd expect is a "always on" store front. It's probably the 4th or 5th time I'm seeing this in the last couple of weeks.
(06-27-2016, 09:17 AM)Rasec Wrote: Anyone out there using Merril Lynch? If yes, have you been had issues to log in lately?

"We are sorry, but an error occurred while trying to retrieve your data. Please try again later."

Not what you expect to see from what you'd expect is a "always on" store front. It's probably the 4th or 5th time I'm seeing this in the last couple of weeks.

Schwab was really slow this morning as well.
My Blog: DGIfortheDIY.com
Seeking Alpha Author Page 
(06-27-2016, 01:08 PM)EricL Wrote: Schwab was really slow this morning as well.

I use OptionsXpress (by Charles Schwab) and it was running smoothly this afternoon.