Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hershey (HSY)
(08-29-2016, 03:45 PM)gymchamp Wrote:
(07-01-2016, 11:48 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(06-30-2016, 05:20 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: If I owned it now, I'd probably take those profits and wait for everything to settle down before buying back in. Of course, that is if I hadn't found a place for that money in the meantime.

I ended up selling most of my HSY shares yesterday at almost the high of the day.  I plan on buying back when it comes back down to $100/share, which I expect it to do over the next few weeks.  I'll get many more shares of HSY, which I plan on holding forever.  Nice little trade there.

Attention market timers oops I mean fellow dgi's Tongue HSY down almost 12% after hours on Mondelez ending current pursuit of Hershey. Here's your chance to "...get many more shares of HSY, which I plan on holding forever'...or at least until there's another takeover threat Big Grin

Congrats though to anyone who did sell and will actually buy back in (let's see who does haha). Personally I don't like to gamble with my core positions, nor pay capital gains taxes, nor commissions etc.
I really don't see HSY selling out. Should have taken your profits before the selloff. HSY will stand alone like it has been doing for 100 years. No reason to buy because you think it will be taken out. Back to $90 which is where it trades historically. Personally I think MDLZ has more upside and is the better company and trading only at a 9 PE. Just my thoughts lol
Take profits? lol Buy and Hold forever buddy. I was making fun of the supposed DGI's on here who want to time the market and try to trade in and out of HSY. I own HSY and I'm never selling. As I said I don't gamble with my core positions and try to time the market based on rumours to get back in lower. Why risk a lifetime holding? Why pay capital gains? Why pay commissions?

I don't see HSY ever selling out either. To difficult with Hershey Trust and Pennsylvania AG in the way. Agreed on MDLZ that it's probably undervalued. Definitely don't agree that it's a better long term hold than HSY though (trust HSY management more, they're a smaller company and have much more room to grow internationally, and of course people love their peanut butter cups way too much http://theconservativeincomeinvestor.com...ice-price/)