Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things that DRIVE YOU NUTS
401K plans

It's a love and hate affair with me. Company kplans with my experience are very constrictive with what they offer. It drives me nuts that we as investors don't have greater control where our monies are allocated, we get choices and that's it, end of story. I do realize, or maybe I foolishly believe that the powers-to-be are trying to protect us from ourselves from making poor investing decisions, trying to make it more stable for the masses so-to-speak. My plan is not horrible but it's not the best either, it makes some goofy decisions like getting rid of the only value fund offered because it performed poorly for an "X" amount of years? Go figure and thanks a lot for letting me accumulate during a time when value stocks were down and then cutting the fund from the plan, just to watch the fund eventually increase. I lost thousands and thousands of dollars. I really feel bad for people who have high cost funds offered in their kplans, I can't even comprehend who makes these decisions? Why? Drives me nuts. If pensions are gone and what we have are kplans, then let employee's manage their money properly with better choices. I for one would love to invest in individual stocks within the kplan.

I know, if I don't like it I'm more then welcome to not participate but free money (company match) is too hard to give up. Not to mention the money grows tax differed.

Does anything drive you nuts?
(05-17-2015, 11:13 AM)rayray Wrote: Does anything drive you nuts?

When people come to a complete stop on the highway on-ramp, waiting for a suitable gap, instead of accelerating to merge in. Incredibly dangerous and maddening.
Driving down the highway and being passed by someone going 80 plus and texting at the same time. My wife and I have a pact, no texting and driving at the same time, ever.

Kerim--you would have loved the old ramps on I35 through Austin, Texas, they were the shortest ramps I've ever used in my life, crazy short!
Extremely poor spelling and grammar. If you can't structure a sentence better than a third-grader, I can't stand reading it. Confused After 50-something years, I'm still trying to learn how to articulate. With what's left of the daily newspaper around here, sometimes I wonder what they teach in those journalism classes. Huh Do they still teach English in K-12 anymore?
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

People who pass me on the interstate and then immediately merge back into the lane in front of me even though there isn't another car within a 1/2 mile of us. As a defensive driver I always keep a buffer between me and the person in front of me; hate it when clueless drivers invade that space.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(05-19-2015, 02:44 AM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: Extremely poor spelling and grammar. If you can't structure a sentence better than a third-grader, I can't stand reading it. Confused After 50-something years, I'm still trying to learn how to articulate. With what's left of the daily newspaper around here, sometimes I wonder what they teach in those journalism classes. Huh Do they still teach English in K-12 anymore?
I'm with you. It really gets to my wife when I start reading restaurant menus looking for typos or pausing the DVR to point out a scrolling banner at the bottom of the screen containing a typo. I guess that's what happens when you've been in the printing business for 45yrs.
Why it took took Dick Cheney 4yrs. to teach George Bush that "nuke-you-ler" wasn't a word.
All this grammar/spelling reminds me of when VP Dan Quayle made that kid put an "e" on the end of "potato" lol

How about this one: You let someone in and no courtesy wave!
People who complain but never look to contribute towards a solution. I have a very pessimistic view that in the next 20 years or so there's going to be a whole generation of people "in charge" who have no idea how to do things for themselves and will be completely content to blame everything on their predecessors.

I'm also aware that this is probably how every generation ever feels about the next generation.

(05-20-2015, 06:36 AM)rapidacid Wrote: People who complain but never look to contribute towards a solution. I have a very pessimistic view that in the next 20 years or so there's going to be a whole generation of people "in charge" who have no idea how to do things for themselves and will be completely content to blame everything on their predecessors.

I'm also aware that this is probably how every generation ever feels about the next generation.

lol

I know my parents and grandparents felt this way about me! Then I felt that way about my younger siblings but I'm becoming very proud of all of them. Now, I just worry about my young nieces
(05-19-2015, 06:03 PM)kayboy Wrote: Why it took took Dick Cheney 4yrs. to teach George Bush that "nuke-you-ler" wasn't a word.

This.

Also, people who leave shopping carts in parking spaces.
(05-23-2015, 11:21 AM)earthtodan Wrote: Also, people who leave shopping carts in parking spaces.

In europe I sometimes see this locking mechanism. You basically have to put a coin into the cart (usually 20cent, 50cent, 1e and 2e coins work) to get it out. And then when you are done with shopping you take it back and the coin comes out. Simple, and it works! (seriously, never even seen a cart with a coin in it on the parking lot)
#1. People who just stop in the middle of the sidewalk to do...whatever it is they want to do instead of walking to the side so people can pass.

#2. The Social Security website that is CLOSED after business hours. It's a website, how can it be closed?