Poll: Which Dividend stock would you buy now?
CMP
APU
SEP
EPD
VTR
EMR
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Dividend stock would you buy now?
Which Dividend stock from the the poll would you buy now?

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum, RaginCajun!

Care to elaborate on why you chose that particular set of stocks to poll? It is not exactly an intuitive set, to my mind.
(01-05-2016, 09:43 AM)Kerim Wrote: Welcome to the forum, RaginCajun!

Care to elaborate on why you chose that particular set of stocks to poll? It is not exactly an intuitive set, to my mind.

Thanks Kerim.... Those are just the ones I have on my watch list.
I voted for EMR because of the 4% yield it's sporting right now. Troubles in fx and the oil patch are haunting it but for the long haul it should provide a nice revenue stream.

I would have also voted for VTR and CMP.

VTR because of their healthcare play. I'm not totally familiar with VTR since I already have OHI in my portfolio and HCP in my wife's and right now we're busy shoring up what we have rather than adding new positions in REITs. Have also been thinking about HCN in the healthcare field when we get around to adding.

CMP I added to my portfolio a couple weeks ago when it was around 71.5. I've mentioned it here and wrote an article about it on SA a while ago and, although I haven't updated either, I've kept track of the company. It's a commodity company with shades of proprietary products so it will face headwinds due to commodities in general, winter weather and the ag slump not to mention foreign exchange issues. I'll add some more on any big swoons in price but, if you're looking at it, be prepared to hold it long-term and ride out the occasional volatility. With a 3.5% yield, I'll be patient.

The other 3 I didn't know anything about so I ignored them.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Oh, forgot to add ...

Welcome to the forum, RaginCajun.

I'll suggest, as I always do, you introduce yourself in the Introductions section so we can know a little more about your goals and time frames. I, for one, don't like to answer questions when I don't know where you're coming from investment-wise.

Oh, and you can also send me a bag of mud bugs if you ever get a generous streak. Angel Big Grin
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(01-05-2016, 04:40 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: Oh, forgot to add ...

Welcome to the forum, RaginCajun.

I'll suggest, as I always do, you introduce yourself in the Introductions section so we can know a little more about your goals and time frames. I, for one, don't like to answer questions when I don't know where you're coming from investment-wise.

Oh, and you can also send me a bag of mud bugs if you ever get a generous streak. Angel Big Grin

Thanks Dividend Watcher.... Gota luv dem ole mud bugs, mais ya. LOL