Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Balancing dividend income throughout the year
(04-26-2015, 01:36 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(04-25-2015, 08:55 AM)cannew Wrote: Currently my J/A/J/O is almost double the other two.

Could you post a list of those companies?
The idea for this whole thread came when I noticed that, after letting go of PM, I do not have a single stock paying on those months. (except for the ones that pay every month)

(04-26-2015, 04:07 AM)Dividend Watcher Wrote:
(04-26-2015, 01:36 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(04-25-2015, 08:55 AM)cannew Wrote: Currently my J/A/J/O is almost double the other two.

Could you post a list of those companies?
The idea for this whole thread came when I noticed that, after letting go of PM, I do not have a single stock paying on those months. (except for the ones that pay every month)

Here's a good list.

I love the tesselation site, and that is an interesting and helpful link.

But I would caution against making the month of payment a high priority in deciding which companies to purchase. Sure, if you are eager to own several companies and they are all presenting a similar valuation at the moment, you could use the month of payment as a factor. But if you use that as a starting point, then you're likely to be buying at inferior valuations.

You'll have lots of options to manage your distributions, so I'd focus on building the best possible portfolio first, without too much emphasis on the timing of distributions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Balancing dividend income throughout the year - by Kerim - 04-26-2015, 08:12 AM