Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New from north caorlina
Asked my local full service broker what I should do to reduce my cost and what else I could do other than mutual funds. She mentioned dividend paying stocks. I knew nothing about them and was apprehensive about the stock market even though I was in mutual funds. I started searching for podcast and the web for info. Been studying for about a month now. I feel much better about it but I do not have any friends knowledge on drips so looked for a forum. I found this forum through the dividend mantra blog. Hope to learn much here. I Have many questions.
Welcome NVLong! You've come to the right place.

Ut oh, I'm surprised your full-service broker gave you such sage advice without trying to sell you junk bonds or an annuity or two.

My first suggestion to reduce costs would be to transfer your account to an online discount brokerage. Which one? You can start your research here on this forum. Of course, this assumes your full-service broker isn't your wife, girlfriend, mistress or a blood relative. Big Grin

We're all ears ... ask away. Oh, and look in our resource section also.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Welcome NV. Quite a unique username. As DW said, you've come to the right place. Glad you're here.

Welcome, yeah definitely looks like you are in the right place. Lots of threads worth reading and if you don't find the answers you need then make a thread and we will do our best to help.
Glad that you've found us and joined up, NVLong! I think lots of dividend growth investors started out, and transitioned from, mutual funds. We all still have lots to learn, so you're in good company!
Welcome to the forum. Look forward to your questions and comments. About drip investing, here is one take......http://seekingalpha.com/article/2708555-an-alternative-way-to-execute-a-dividend-reinvestment-strategy