Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regular Guy from Canada
Hey just read through a few posts and someone mentioned this section and figured I throw my hat in.

I'm 31 year old from canada. I started really thinking about investing after my partner told me to get my "stuff" together. I'm an architect and an artist and previously had a small amount of savings that were invested in mutual funds but made the move to dividend investing early this year and cleared everything out.

Hopefully by the age of 60 I can relax, live comfortably and make my artwork full time. I've got 30 year horizon but still wished I started sooner.

Cheers!
Welcome to the Dividend Growth Forum, Russell! The first step to getting your "stuff" together. Angel

There's lots of smart people here so don't be afraid to ask questions. There ain't no dumb ones. Do you frequent Seeking Alpha also? Lots of good information on dividend growth investing there too.

Looking forward to your input.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Yes, welcome and thanks for joining in, Russell!

I think the wish to have started earlier is pretty universal. But a 30 year horizon is plenty to work with!
(03-13-2015, 02:16 PM)Kerim Wrote: Yes, welcome and thanks for joining in, Russell!

I think the wish to have started earlier is pretty universal. But a 30 year horizon is plenty to work with!

Oh, to be 30 again and know what we now know.

Good luck and awesome site, Like DW says, ask and yes will probably receive.
Welcome, fellow Canadian Smile
Welcome. Nice to have more Canadians here, I'm from Europe but quite interested in Canada (and maybe moving there at some point?) and also happen to own a couple of goodies from the TSE.
thanks folks. feels good finding this place. I've only just started and it's been really fascinating learning about everything. I've been asking all my closer friends if they know anything about investing -- if they want to learn about it together and it was quite shocking that of the 20 or so people ive asked not one of them was investing. I mean most of them have some sort of mutual fund that is tying up their money but didn't really understand what it was that they had. About 80% use their house as their main investment instrument if you can call a 500,000 mortgage here in toronto a form of thinking about the future but to each their own.

so thanks guys i feel good to be able to find a place that I can ask questions without sounding like a buzzkill or talk about dividends without making the music stop. Cheers!