Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pullback Bargains?
Anyone got their eye on any bargains in this mini-pullback?

XOM under $85 is tempting to me.

And I've wanted a small position in BRK-B for a long time now. I was close to pulling the trigger at $138 a few months ago. If it gets back under $140 I might dip a toe.
T dropping below $33 just because it is no longer on the DOW looks very nice. To bad I am already overweight in that stock.
I'm not actively looking. I have standing limit orders for ES (old Northeast Utilities) & GE at a ridiculously low price.

I need to add/start some positions in utes and REITs in both our portfolios but they are just not cooperating right now so I'll ignore them.

If I wasn't overweight right now, I'd take a gander at ABBV. Their trailing P/E is not realistic because of the M&A. Need to dig through the financials to get all the real numbers.

I haven't started digging into the financials yet but CAT yielding 3.5% is starting to look interesting. Won't have much uncommitted cash available for a while so am not in a hurry to dig into it just yet.

GILD is still looking "bargainish" here and a new dividend will be birthed soon.

If EMR gets closer to $50, I just may sell some of the higher priced stuff and add to that in the wife's portfolio. I was done adding to it for now but if it gets cheap, I may change my mind.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Here's about the bottom third of my own portfolio sorted by 52-week range lowest to highest. Tons of good stuff

[Image: 0sqzgX4.png]
(03-10-2015, 04:04 PM)rapidacid Wrote: Here's about the bottom third of my own portfolio sorted by 52-week range lowest to highest. Tons of good stuff

[Image: 0sqzgX4.png]

What program did you use to create that list of stocks and the 52 week range?
Stock Rover
(03-11-2015, 09:23 AM)rapidacid Wrote: Stock Rover

Great. Thanks. I have been doing something very similar manually in Excel and this would be a lot easier.
Awsome Rapid, thanks for this.

Looking at initiating a position in T but the $ is strong atm which makes it slightly expensive for me.

Lewys
In general this pull back is nothing. For the most part it will take 30% from the highs to get my attention. For energy related, it will take much more, for new purchases.

At this point I wouldn't be too quick to use the term 'bargain'. There is a lot of potential air under most stocks even at today's prices.
Alex