Poll: What do you do with your dividends?
Automatically reinvest
Manually reinvest
Some of each
Neither -- I'm living off the income!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatic vs Manual Dividend Reinvestment
As I've mentioned before, I've automatically reinvested all dividends so far. For the first time I am reconsidering that approach with respect to the tech stocks that I own: INTC and AAPL. I've recently pared down my INTC holdings a bit, in response to poor earnings growth and fear that the dividend streak is in jeopardy, and as I just posted in the AAPL thread, I don't think I'll ever understand the price action and valuation of that stock, even though I think it will be a reliable dividend grower for many years to come.

So given those things, and given that the tech space is not something you can count on decades down the road in the same manner that you can with, say, consumer staples or something like JNJ, I'm thinking that I may start taking those INTC and AAPL dividends in cash from now on and redeploying the funds in whatever else I am buying at the time along with new money that I put into my dividend growth portfolio.

Not a done decision yet, but getting there. Any thoughts appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Automatic vs Manual Dividend Reinvestment - by Cardiac - 08-27-2013, 06:03 PM
RE: Automatic vs Manual Dividend Reinvestment - by Cardiac - 08-27-2013, 07:48 PM
RE: Automatic vs Manual Dividend Reinvestment - by Kerim - 09-10-2013, 09:41 PM