Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discretionary Sector
The latest in the Top 10 Series was published earlier this week, this time covering the Consumer Discretionary Sector.

This sector was a fairly difficult one to tackle as there is an odd combination of overpriced low yield/high growth companies, and bargain priced retail and restaurant stocks.

It seems to be a sector where a premium is placed on higher quality companies like Nike, Home Depot, Lowe's, and McDonald's, while some of the companies with lesser track records are selling at a discount.

Here is the list, hope you enjoy.

Top 10 Discretionary Stocks For Dividend Growth And Income

Long CBRL, MCD, PII, ROST, SBUX, and TGT from the article as well as THO, GME, JACK, UA and WFM.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
EricL, thank you for putting these top 10 series together, I love these and I'm sure I'm speaking for hundreds (thousands?) of people like me. I can only imagine how much time and effort you put into building these with this quality.

So thank you very much! I've learned a lot with them!
(12-03-2015, 11:18 AM)Rasec Wrote: EricL, thank you for putting these top 10 series together, I love these and I'm sure I'm speaking for hundreds (thousands?) of people like me. I can only imagine how much time and effort you put into building these with this quality.

So thank you very much! I've learned a lot with them!

You're welcome! For whatever reason this article hasn't gotten nearly the page views or comments that the previous ones did. I don't know if that is because there is less interest in this particular sector or just bad timing with the holidays. With extra stuff going on in my world, this one took about a month to assemble and write, so it was a bit disappointing based on views, but feedback like yours certainly helps make it worth doing!

Regardless, I learn as much from putting them together as I benefit from the page views, so either way I get something out of it. Happy to hear you are learning from them as well.
(12-03-2015, 11:44 AM)EricL Wrote: For whatever reason this article hasn't gotten nearly the page views or comments that the previous ones did.

This is unfortunate because your top 10 articles are always excellent reads.  I didn't know about this article until I saw this thread.

This sector is currently a tough one, with the best quality companies commanding premium valuations.  I would like to own NKE and HD, but I can't justify purchasing them at their current ridiculous valuations.  

I've been researching TGT and JCI, but I haven't pulled the trigger on either.
(12-03-2015, 08:30 PM)Caversham Wrote:
(12-03-2015, 11:44 AM)EricL Wrote: For whatever reason this article hasn't gotten nearly the page views or comments that the previous ones did.

I would like to own NKE and HD, but I can't justify purchasing them at their current ridiculous valuations.  

Same here, Caversham.  

Keep up the good work with the articles, Eric.
(12-07-2015, 10:21 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(12-03-2015, 08:30 PM)Caversham Wrote:

I would like to own NKE and HD, but I can't justify purchasing them at their current ridiculous valuations.  

Same here, Caversham.  

Keep up the good work with the articles, Eric.

Thanks. Working on an updated article for the Utility Sector now. Hopefully can get it out in the next week or two.