Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBL demerger
It's fairly volatile but great dividend, so watch for the dips.
I already received my shares in my Interactive Brokers account.
I do have another account with BBL as well and they said they won't give me the shares until the 29th.
I received my shares of SOUHY on the 29th. Interestingly, Scottrade is telling me that the current ask price of SOUHY is $8.30, but the bid price is $0.00.
Huh
(06-01-2015, 07:16 AM)benjamen Wrote: I received my shares of SOUHY on the 29th. Interestingly, Scottrade is telling me that the current ask price of SOUHY is $8.30, but the bid price is $0.00.
Huh

Received my shares in TD Ameritrade ... current spread stated as 8.12 / 8.14

Well, I have South32 shares in my account now.

Does anyone know if they're going to pay a dividend or is it to soon yet?
(06-01-2015, 10:44 AM)rayray Wrote: Well, I have South32 shares in my account now.

Quote:The dividend amount for South32 has not yet been set (because shareholders have yet to approve the demerger and we won’t know until May 6th whether this will officially go through or not) although the management team set to run South32 has indicated that the company will pay 40% of its trailing profits to shareholders as an initial dividend payout

http://theconservativeincomeinvestor.com...f-south32/

There's probably more concrete info on BBL's site but I haven't seen it yet.

(06-01-2015, 01:07 PM)rapidacid Wrote:
(06-01-2015, 10:44 AM)rayray Wrote: Well, I have South32 shares in my account now.

Quote:The dividend amount for South32 has not yet been set (because shareholders have yet to approve the demerger and we won’t know until May 6th whether this will officially go through or not) although the management team set to run South32 has indicated that the company will pay 40% of its trailing profits to shareholders as an initial dividend payout

http://theconservativeincomeinvestor.com...f-south32/

There's probably more concrete info on BBL's site but I haven't seen it yet.

Thank you for the article RA!
I had SOUHY pay out a very small dividend on June 3rd. Did anyone else get this? Do we have a schedule for future dividends yet?

Edit:
I found the below article the outlines a bi annual dividend to pay out 40% of profits in USD. The author estimates a dividend of 32 cents per share of SOUHY

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3234036-...ff-south32
(06-09-2015, 11:06 AM)benjamen Wrote: I had SOUHY pay out a very small dividend on June 3rd. Did anyone else get this? Do we have a schedule for future dividends yet?

I did not. But I did get "Cash in lieu of fractional shares" for the amount of $3.24 on June 1st

First I recieved "SOUTH32 ADR WI (AUSTRALIA) SPIN-OFF"
Second, I was charged "BHP BILLITON PLC (BRITAIN) ADR FEE SPIN-OFF TO SOUHV R/D POS AS OF 05-20-15"

Huh
(06-10-2015, 06:34 AM)benjamen Wrote: First I recieved "SOUTH32 ADR WI (AUSTRALIA) SPIN-OFF"
Second, I was charged "BHP BILLITON PLC (BRITAIN) ADR FEE SPIN-OFF TO SOUHV R/D POS AS OF 05-20-15"

Got the same at TDA. Messaged customer service. This is the reply I got:

In reference to your inquiry concerning the ADR fee that was charged to your account. I have included some additional information regarding this fee. An ADR fee is an Administrative Fee and may be passed through from the ADR administrator to clients holding an ADR in their account.
  • The fee is normally $0.01 to $0.03 per share per year.
  • The fee is often taken out of a dividend, but may be charged outright as a "pass-through fee".
  • The fee is often found listed in the prospectus for the issue.
  • The fee is not charged by TD Ameritrade.
  • The fee is charged by the ADR agent, not the company. Since this fee is not charged by TD Ameritrade, it cannot be credited back to the client's account because it is a "pass-through" fee.
  • The security is often listed in the description to indicate which ADR the fee pertains.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan