Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
(08-18-2024, 08:39 PM)rayray Wrote:
(08-13-2024, 09:32 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(08-13-2024, 09:03 AM)stockguru Wrote: BTW this is such a dead board of late Wink

I have planned out the next $190k of purchases, and I do plan to bring back some relatively safer ETFs like SCHD and VOO.  They will serve the purpose as "first to tear down" should I need money.  The girlfriend and I eventually want to buy a house on the Cape together, so they will be the downpayment money.

Cape Cod?

Funny, I was just looking at Cape Cod real estate today lol.

Oh cool, future neighbor!

The problem is, both my girlfriend and I work in the same office park in Waltham, and it's too far to commute from the Cape.  We only need to be in the office Tuesday through Thursday, so she's thinking she could make use of a Cape Cod place right now Friday through Monday, and then go back to her existing place for midweek.  I still have my daughter at home attending school, plus I like to go into the office on Mondays as well and often on Fridays too.  It will be easiest for me to go live on the Cape once I'm retired ... except having a second house adds a lot to my retirement budget, making it harder to accomplish that.
Cheering on Abbvie. It's closing in on $200/share. It pretty much is to dividend growth investing now what JNJ was 10 years ago. I defy anyone on this board to find another stock that has over a 3% yield that has also tripled in the past 5 years.
(08-19-2024, 05:46 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Cheering on Abbvie.  It's closing in on $200/share.  It pretty much is to dividend growth investing now what JNJ was 10 years ago.  I defy anyone on this board to find another stock that has over a 3% yield that has also tripled in the past 5 years.

AVGO comes to mind.
(08-19-2024, 06:11 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(08-13-2024, 09:03 AM)stockguru Wrote: BTW this is such a dead board of late Wink

I have planned out the next $190k of purchases, and I do plan to bring back some relatively safer ETFs like SCHD and VOO.  They will serve the purpose as "first to tear down" should I need money.  The girlfriend and I eventually want to buy a house on the Cape together, so they will be the downpayment money.

Cape Cod?

The problem is, both my girlfriend and I work in the same office park in Waltham, and it's too far to commute from the Cape.  We only need to be in the office Tuesday through Thursday, so she's thinking she could make use of a Cape Cod place right now Friday through Monday, and then go back to her existing place for midweek.  I still have my daughter at home attending school, plus I like to go into the office on Mondays as well and often on Fridays too.  It will be easiest for me to go live on the Cape once I'm retired ... except having a second house adds a lot to my retirement budget, making it harder to accomplish that.

I'm looking for alterntives rather than hot and humid southern states.

I lived in Texas, I can't take the humidity, it's a killer--Florida, Georgia, the Carolina's....all humid.

The woman that owns the pet food supply shop I go to, her and her partner own a house in Cape Cod.

I was surprised, it seems somewhat reasonable.
(08-19-2024, 10:15 PM)rayray Wrote:
(08-19-2024, 05:46 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Cheering on Abbvie.  It's closing in on $200/share.  It pretty much is to dividend growth investing now what JNJ was 10 years ago.  I defy anyone on this board to find another stock that has over a 3% yield that has also tripled in the past 5 years.

AVGO comes to mind.

For anyone getting into AVGO now, it's current yield is 1.25%.  Of course in the last 5 years it has run 6x, so there's that Smile
(08-19-2024, 10:18 PM)rayray Wrote:

Cape Cod?

I lived in Texas, I can't take the humidity, it's a killer--Florida, Georgia, the Carolina's....all humid.

The woman that owns the pet food supply shop I go to, her and her partner own a house in Cape Cod.

I don't think you're escaping humidity in Massachusetts...

But yes, the average house on the Cape isn't any more expensive than the rest of the state.  It just has a lot of enormous mansions & estates here & there for the fabulously wealthy to play in.
Anyone adding to oil names. Seems to be the one sector that’s actually undervalued right now

I trimmed lots yesterday and am now sitting on 50% cash

Cash is making 5.5% right now
Added oxy today. Oil might stay dead for next 2 months if we were to go by seasonality but I can’t say no to these prices for oxy.
Used pooled dividends to add another share of TMUS yesterday. Up to a roughly 1/3 position in it now.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(08-20-2024, 06:30 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(08-19-2024, 10:18 PM)rayray Wrote:
(08-13-2024, 09:32 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I have planned out the next $190k of purchases, and I do plan to bring back some relatively safer ETFs like SCHD and VOO.  They will serve the purpose as "first to tear down" should I need money.  The girlfriend and I eventually want to buy a house on the Cape together, so they will be the downpayment money.

Cape Cod?

I don't think you're escaping humidity in Massachusetts...

But yes, the average house on the Cape isn't any more expensive than the rest of the state.  It just has a lot of enormous mansions & estates here & there for the fabulously wealthy to play in.

Buddy, you never lived in Houston, Texas! Now that's humidity, you'll want to rip your skin off in August.
I'm thinking of dumping AMZN after 21 years of holding it an average price of $2.80

It has done nothing in 5 years while the rest of the tech names are hitting new highs.

I will see how NVDA does and if the market gets hit on earnings I will deploy those funs elsewhere

Added QYLD, SVOL, MINT, GCOW and MAIN

At this time not buying stocks and am just adding to my monthly dividend ETF's . Marhet is trading at an all time valuation and I'm not shasing names at this time Wink
Added JNJ and MRK

DIVMENOW you must be loving ABBV . It’s been a great run.