Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
S: ABT-NKE-PAYC (trims)

B: AMZN-NVDA-GOOGL-AVGO-MSFT-TSLA-LRCX-TSM-EME-ODFL-SAIA (adds)
Not many buys today

Just added CVX, AVGO, AMZN and IIPR
Oh I forgot all about IIPR after they stopped paying dividends. Looks like they started again a year ago and the yield looks nice.
(08-06-2024, 06:25 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Oh I forgot all about IIPR after they stopped paying dividends.  Looks like they started again a year ago and the yield looks nice.

It’s looks juicy now Wink

I trimmed some tech today and bought some PSX and VLO. I’m betting the refineries do well ok that MPC news 

Added MAIN 

Also took a new position in WFC, HRL and MDLZ

Getting a bit more diversified lol
Anyone still own $SMCI? It’s down almost $700 from
It’s highs now. Why would they announce a 10-1 split. Bad idea. Stock was up after hours on earnings but lost $150 in 20 min . Wow!! Crazy market
(08-06-2024, 01:19 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(08-06-2024, 06:25 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Oh I forgot all about IIPR after they stopped paying dividends.  Looks like they started again a year ago and the yield looks nice.

It’s looks juicy now Wink

I trimmed some tech today and bought some PSX and VLO. I’m betting the refineries do well ok that MPC news 

Added MAIN 

Also took a new position in WFC, HRL and MDLZ

Getting a bit more diversified lol

Added to ARCC
Trimmed NVDA, AMAT

Added XLU, XLV, HIX, PTY
Added MCD
Sold SBUX in the huge pop and bought CMG

Added ITW

BTW this is such a dead board of late Wink
(08-13-2024, 09:03 AM)stockguru Wrote: BTW this is such a dead board of late Wink

Admittedly I've made a lot of buys recently.  I'm just a little sheepish about sharing like you all do.  But in the goal of keeping discussion here alive, I will do so.

I cashed in a lot of company stock options and bought when the market was pretty low.  I increased nearly all of my existing positions, so detailing my buys would just be naming the equities in my portfolio.  So I'll go ahead and do that. My portfolio basically breaks down into 3 sub-portfolios:

Income stocks
ARCC, BXSL, FSK, HTGC, LYB, MAIN, OMF, OXLC, RIO

Growth stocks
AAPL, ABBV, AMD, AMZN, AVGO, GOOG, LLY, META, MSFT, NVDA

ETFs
FNGU, NAIL, NVDL, SOXL, TECL, USD

Current annual dividend income range from stocks: $7,815 - $8,240.  The ETFs add probably $500 more but they fluctuate a lot, so I treat anything they give as a bonus.

I have planned out the next $190k of purchases, and I do plan to bring back some relatively safer ETFs like SCHD and VOO. They will serve the purpose as "first to tear down" should I need money. The girlfriend and I eventually want to buy a house on the Cape together, so they will be the downpayment money.
Added to GOOG. I have way too many shares now lol
(08-13-2024, 09:32 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(08-13-2024, 09:03 AM)stockguru Wrote: BTW this is such a dead board of late Wink

Admittedly I've made a lot of buys recently.  I'm just a little sheepish about sharing like you all do.  But in the goal of keeping discussion here alive, I will do so.

I cashed in a lot of company stock options and bought when the market was pretty low.  I increased nearly all of my existing positions, so detailing my buys would just be naming the equities in my portfolio.  So I'll go ahead and do that. My portfolio basically breaks down into 3 sub-portfolios:

Income stocks
ARCC, BXSL, FSK, HTGC, LYB, MAIN, OMF, OXLC, RIO

Growth stocks
AAPL, ABBV, AMD, AMZN, AVGO, GOOG, LLY, META, MSFT, NVDA

ETFs
FNGU, NAIL, NVDL, SOXL, TECL, USD

Current annual dividend income range from stocks: $7,815 - $8,240.  The ETFs add probably $500 more but they fluctuate a lot, so I treat anything they give as a bonus.

I have planned out the next $190k of purchases, and I do plan to bring back some relatively safer ETFs like SCHD and VOO.  They will serve the purpose as "first to tear down" should I need money.  The girlfriend and I eventually want to buy a house on the Cape together, so they will be the downpayment money.

Cape Cod?

Funny, I was just looking at Cape Cod real estate today lol.