Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
(10-07-2022, 02:34 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(10-07-2022, 01:36 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(10-07-2022, 11:47 AM)ConnerM Wrote:
(10-07-2022, 10:53 AM)Marknew Wrote: Added WEC, MSST and AVGO

New position in SHOP with protection lol

MSFT down $12. This market is a joke now. No one cares anymore and investors aren't buying. Most are just like why bother when they will be even lower in the coming years until you know who exits lol  Big Grin

It's just not fun anymore.  I pulled a lot of my money out and only mostly monthly dividends names. Some down big but at least I'm reinvesting the dividends lower lol 

Today added very few names only because I do that the 1st week of each month.

Time for playoff baseball. Go Rays

Market manipulation with a few bear bounces to deceive you. The Fed is working against you every step of the way. There goal is to wipe out 50-70% of your retirement. Just wait until all the layoffs happen and the housing market crashes hard. You ant seen nothing yet.  People are selling everything now because your going to need that money to survive over the next 2 years. Food, gas, electric bills, rent ect.  Dividend stocks aren't going to mean much when the companies are wiped out and dividend cuts happen. It's coming. Just wait for it  Tongue

Your right there Conner. No liquidity in the market, Buys are very few in between. Its all manipulation now. The powers to be as you all call it made the money from pumping and now there making money on the way down. There all crooks. Look at all the insiders too. Tech CEO, CFO's all selling at lows. What does that tell you? 

Oil will be next sector to get crushed. There's no way they will allow oil to go to $150 because the DEMS will need the votes. They will do all they can to get it lower. My guess is $65 is coming. I just have that feeling  Big Grin

I did buy a few things, and that's only because I have to monthly. 

LOL  Big Grin

There's Absolutely NO catalysts to send markets higher and 10 catalysts to drive it down.

Why not be excited for this dip. Stocks are now at 3 year lows. This is the dip everyone was looking for  Big Grin

I added MSFT. Mine as well here at a 52 week low right lol

Exactly.
This is the dip everyone was waiting for. There are plenty of great buys here for the long term.
The question is just about how to balance that buying so that we don't spend too much too soon and also so that we have spent the majority of our available cash while things are still cheap.

Regarding dividends, I don't see many dividend aristocrats etc cutting their dividend. Sure, we are already in a recession and sure, with the crazy inflation numbers the average consumer has less to spend. But the whole point of dividend growth investing is to invest in companies that play it safe enough that they can survive such conditions for a few years without the dividend ever being in danger.

There will probably be 1 or 2 companies who can't keep up with their dividend in my portfolio, which consists of about 30 companies now. I have no idea which ones will cut the dividend, but if things get bad then it's likely there will be a couple. That is something I can live with.
I added more WEC and XEL today. I say I am done with utilities We'll see. Added quite a few single shares today but nothing too serious.
Quote:I added more WEC and XEL today. I say I am done with utilities We'll see. Added quite a few single shares today but nothing too serious.

based on what do you pick regulated electric stocks? I sold NEE recently as part of broker migration, and am thinking if I should pick something of lower valuation than NEE. Like AEP or XEL.
Picked up some AMD at $62.50, IVV at $265 and QQQ at $270 yesterday. Small buys, have cash yet to spend.
(10-08-2022, 03:21 AM)lucas03 Wrote:
Quote:I added more WEC and XEL today. I say I am done with utilities We'll see. Added quite a few single shares today but nothing too serious.

based on what do you pick regulated electric stocks? I sold NEE recently as part of broker migration, and am thinking if I should pick something of lower valuation than NEE. Like AEP or XEL.
The non-helpful answer is decades of following them with interest, when I was too young for them to interest me but they did. I have an 11 bagger in XEL.  At least before the correction so maybe a 9.5 bagger today lol.  

The better answer to our question is this....

1.  Most of business regulated.
2.  A sane transition to renewables.  (XEL and WEC going on 20 years of gradual transition)
3.  Consistent 5-7% growth.  I have zero interest in stodgy UTEs with a 1% higher dividend.
4.  ROCK solid management that does what they say they will do.  Invest an hour in a WEC earnings call audio and you wil understand. 
5.  Regulatory jurisdiction that is cooperative  
6.  Dividend growth that reliably matches business growth.

Thanks to Eric I made a lot of money on NEE when the growth was amazing. Their growth is no longer amazing so not worth the valuation risk.  They grow no faster than the other top 5 now but some of the premium is still there.
My $300 KLAC limit order hit this morning. Have a couple of others set for different things, we'll see.
Added AVGO; sold a put on AMD.
(10-10-2022, 12:44 PM)Dividendwayfarer Wrote: Added AVGO; sold a put on AMD.

I got my order in at $350 on AVGO. Chip stocks are in big trouble over the next 3-4 years. China is going to put further pressure on this sector. It's too soon to add

INTC getting very cheap here
(10-10-2022, 01:45 PM)kblake Wrote:

I got my order in at $350 on AVGO. Chip stocks are in big trouble over the next 3-4 years. China is going to put further pressure on this sector. It's too soon to add

We knew you couldn't quit for two weeks. Welcome back! Oops that wasn't directed at you lol.
(10-10-2022, 01:57 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 01:45 PM)kblake Wrote:

We knew you couldn't quit for two weeks. Welcome back! Oops that wasn't directed at you lol.

Do you remember when those were saying SOXL was going to $100? Now it looks like $5 is on the way.   That’s how bad this market is. At some point I may have to buy this. You have to think in 5 years you would have a nice return here. But agree China is a big mess for the chip sector.
This weeks add:
CM.to

They might not be having a great year and next one could be worse if the global economy goes down the drain, but I still have a feeling it can't really go wrong with this company in the long-term. I've been wanting to add more for a long time now, and finally we have a good entry point.

They've paid a dividend since 1868 so they should be able to manage this craziness too.
And if they do cut the dividend, then at least I was part of something extraordinary.  Smile
Jamie Dimon just put a piece out on Comcast and said its headed toward bankruptcy will almost 100 billion in debt. This isn't good news since I own it.

Trimmed O today as I'm afraid these kind of stocks are headed lower since you can now get a CD that pays nearly 5%

Added some Rails and few META