Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ron's portfolio in retirement
It has been a good week in Ron's dividend land - it started when we arrived home on Sunday. I had a lot of dividends to enter into our spreadsheet. I also started a position in GLW and have written about that, so I will just mention it here. Something I really want to talk about is the place we are in investing-wise. I like where we are at and I am pleased with the direction we have been taking our holdings.

A quick example:

We have 5 holdings that have position weights ranging from .57 to .78 and that I plan to buy more of.

The yields for these companies range from a low of 2.46% to a high of 3.47%.

The five year DGR rates range from 6% to 21%

The SSD scores range from 74 to 94.

So the plan for the next period of time is to pick one of these five when we have dividends/distributions available to reinvest.

The companies: TXN (.78 weight), TROW (.75 weight), RY (.61 weight), AMGN (.58 weight), and GLW (.57 weight).
This week in Ron's Dividend Land

Like many, it was a bit boring. That is the way it is supposed to be.

Received dividends from O, STOR and PBA. Those are nice. April is slower than March, and May is slower than April. Then June roars back as another one in the big cycle.

Will be buying some shares of GLW on Monday. I have enjoyed the discussion of GLW here this past week.

Enjoy the weekend
I downloaded our SSD portfolios and have been playing with them some

Another breakdown from my downloaded SSD data. 

Below 3% cuurent yield, 26.3% of portfolio by market value
    JNJ, LMT, EOG, PEP, TXN, WEC and SCHD

3%-4%, 33.8% of portfolio
    D, AMGN, GLW, DLR,TROW, RY, SO, TD, TU, UGI

4% to 5%, 14.3% of portfolio
    O, CM, GILD, VZ

5% plus current yield, 25.5% of portfolio
     STOR, PBA, KMI, ENB, UTG, ETO, NIE, PTY
(04-17-2022, 09:28 AM)rnsmth Wrote: I downloaded our SSD portfolios and have been playing with them some

Another breakdown from my downloaded SSD data. 

Below 3% cuurent yield, 26.3% of portfolio by market value
    JNJ, LMT, EOG, PEP, TXN, WEC and SCHD

3%-4%, 33.8% of portfolio
    D, AMGN, GLW, DLR,TROW, RY, SO, TD, TU, UGI

4% to 5%, 14.3% of portfolio
    O, CM, GILD, VZ

5% plus current yield, 25.5% of portfolio
     STOR, PBA, KMI, ENB, UTG, ETO, NIE, PTY
A lot of my personal favorites on your <3% list.  Why can't we have it all today?  Smile  I guess that is why it's best we mix it up.
Yes to mix it up.
Ron's Week in Dividend Land

It was a very good week in my dividend land. Three of our holdings increased their dividends, JNJ, SO and KMI. We have 29 holdings and when three of them announce increases during the same week - well weeks do not get much better than that. We certainly hold companies with higher dividend growth rates, but we will celebrate 3 increases in one week nonetheless.

April has been our medium month, dividends wise. May is the small month and I guess that June would have to be called a XX Large month.
The week in Ron's dividend land.

Got some dividends. Did a little buying (GLW). Will do more on Monday and/or Tuesday (AMGN).

Record high dividends and dividend estimates for the next 12 months.

I'm okay with that.

YTD dividends and distributions are 37% higher than last year's. Some of that is due to special dividends. Excluding the specials, up about 20% year over year YTD.
Special dividends make me smile. I wish more cyclical companies would adopt the strategy. Pay a low dividend always and be generous when the cycle is right. It's better than turning the dividend completely off. We can't invest much in that.
It was a good week in Ron's Dividend Land. Two of our 29 positions provided dividend increases, UGI (a bit over 4%) and TU, another smaller raise that adds up to almost 7.1% year over year (in Canadian currency). Hurray for us!!

I also bought some shares - AMGN and GLW - giving us once again a record 12 month forward dividend estimate yet again. Hurray again!!

And to top it off, the accounts were up .5% today - thank you energy, utilities and telecommunications three of our larger sectors.

So, I am not thrilled with inflation or the condition of the economy, which I would call unsettled, or the markets, but overall I cannot complain too much.
Hope you folks had a tolerable week and a good weekend coming up.

Chit Chat: We went to a new to us near by restaurant. I got a nice small filet mignon and Kathy got a chicken breast with a mild xcatic chili sauce. Our friends had one of the chicken breasts and the other had a big salad. With drinks and tip it worked out to $30 USD per person. I thought it was kinda pricey, but not too bad and it was a very nice atmosphere and it is run by a small restaurant group that has consistency as one of its hallmarks. Good stuff.
The week in Ron's dividend land was pretty active and good.

I sold SO and used the proceeds to buy EVRG. It improved the dividend safety of our portfolio, important as we move into maybe a bear market and maybe a recession. When I say improves the dividend safety I am using SSD's dividend safety score to determine that. Anyway, I have written about that maybe more than you want to hear over the past couple of weeks.

I also used accumulated dividends to add to AMGN, GLW and TU.

Boring, I know. It is supposed to be.

The next 4 weeks I will be making weekly buys with incoming dividends. That is my plan. Always buy. Make opportunistic changes to strengthen the safety of dividends and the quality of the portfolio.

Same as it ever was.
I'm also cautiously buying at these levels Ron. Currently 15% of my stock portfolio is in surplus cash specifically to buy selected stocks at good values.
The week in Ron's Dividend Land.

Dividends received: RY

Bought with accumulated dividends: GLW

Dividend Increases: CM and RY

That adds up to a pretty fair week. Next week we get a lot more dividends and will reinvest some of the accumulated dividends. Not sure what the next company up is just yet, but there are 4 or 5 that will vie for money.