Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
New member here. I have been in the market for about 12 years or so. From the Tampa area and love high paying dividends.

I also added to MO today along with APD, TROW, GD, COF, PDI, ESS, LEG and RIO
(03-28-2022, 09:28 AM)ConnerM Wrote: New member here. I have been in the market for about 12 years or so. From the Tampa area and love high paying dividends.

Welcome to the forum. We are a little slow right now it should pick up.
Solda few puts. WSM and oilike every week as the old ones expire. Got my personal fuel costs covered until the end of 2023.
(03-28-2022, 09:28 AM)ConnerM Wrote: New member here. I have been in the market for about 12 years or so. From the Tampa area and love high paying dividends.

Welcome and good luck. All very well adds

I think LEG at these levels is a bargain. I added some near the lows as well as MMM and SWK
Added some DE and MOS
Added ADM, MO, VZ, TD and MS

Trimmed some tech I got into a few weeks back and sold out of SOXL and QQQ

Going with steady dividend stocks. I sold out of all non paying dividend stocks and high peg ratios

I'm better positioned now going forward and dont need my THC now Wink
Initiated a tinytiny position in ISHARES MSCI CHINA A.
Will probably keep adding to this in small increments every now and then if it stays here or goes lower. The way I see it is that it has been pushed quite low due to fear of god knows what, but the thing is that the Chinese are too smart to do anything that would cause significant long-term harm to their economy.
CHWY getting whacked after hours. Down $8. Anyone still own?

There still losing money and they will never turn a large profit.
(03-29-2022, 03:36 PM)stockguru Wrote: CHWY getting whacked after hours. Down $8. Anyone still own?

No but I traded it a number of times in 20-21 when trash was cash.   I did sell some WOOF puts before the market went on a rip but they are about ready to harvest.  If Chewy couldn't profit during COVID the business model needs a lot of work. One obviously problem is pet food is heavy.  When I have my kids big dogs I am buying 40# bags if food to get a deal. A cat owner is buying kitty litter and food.  It would be like ordering bags of concrete from AMZN.  Somebody has to pay the freight.
CHWY getting whacked after hours. Down $8. Anyone still own?

I own it. Looks like it'll be trading at about where I bought it.

Really? You'll have to explain to me why a company with a 24% YoY sales increase will never turn a large profit. Why can't that company figure out its supply chain and more efficiently manage costs?

There are a LOT of growing companies that took some time before they started making a profit such as TSLA (18 years) and AMZN (14 years). No guarantee with CHWY but if the revenues continue to grow, at some point the company should be able to translate that into income.
My March moves update:

I decided to liquidate my large position in Target, and smaller positions in Taiwan Semi and Texas Instruments. With the proceeds over the course of the month + dividend reinvestment I bulked up BroadCom, Apple, Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, Seagate, SCHD, RQI and others.

I'm also planning to liquidate AT&T next week after the spinoff is complete and with half the proceeds bulk up Nvidia, and with the other half bulk up some of the high div payers like RA so that I don't lose ground on total dividends.
Added NUE, WSM, SWK and MO