Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ron's portfolio in retirement
I go way back with CSCO. I first bought it in the glory days. I held it into the tech bubble crash. I can't say that I lost much money, but I gave back some very large gains. So yeah, I lost money is the reality. I've owned them off and on since then. CSCO does not fit our income needs. When it dips low enough and the dividend gets fat it's a good swing trade I suppose.

We can't be certain where the bottom is on TROW but I think your purchase will look real good in a year. AUM problem will bottom out, and they are about debt free. About as safe as it gets when the next recession comes.
EOG gives again

EOG Resources declares $0.75 dividend, $1.00 special dividend

Feb. 24, 2022 5:01 PM ET EOG Resources, Inc. (EOG)By: Deepa Sarvaiya, SA News Editor9 Comments

EOG Resources (NYSE:EOG) declares $0.75/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.

Forward yield 2.73%

Payable April 29; for shareholders of record April 15; ex-div April 14.

The board declared a special dividend of $1.00 per share payable March 29, 2022, to stockholders of record as of March 15, 2022

It was a pretty fair week in my Dividend Land. We received a bunch of dividends, combined them with a trim of about half of our EOG profits and bought some SCHD and AMGN.

We hit a minor milestone today. SSD projects our forward 12 month dividend amount at a number that has three zeros at the end of it, the next thousand. The dividends - the rate at which the dollars and cents grow has accelerated.

We are good with that. I will keep taking my meds, walking some steps, and staying alive.
You stay healthy Ron. It's been a choppy but decent week for dividend investors.
(03-05-2022, 10:32 AM)fenders53 Wrote: You stay healthy Ron.  It's been a choppy but decent week for dividend investors.

Thanks fenders53!

I am doing all right, portfolio wise and healthwise.  I feel very fortunate.
Got through another week :-)

Received a couple of dividends, bought a few shares. 

Don't think I will be buying anything else before our trip to Baja, so it will be April before we get back into action. 

A norte front will come in tomorrow, and we will get a few days respite from the heat. Today's high was 99.   This time of year is generally hot, but it is the dry season so the humidity tends to be low - mid afternoon today it was in the mid-30's.  Ran the AC in the study for a few hours.

For those who follow portfolio values, ours are down 3.8% from its high. 

That is all I got, except  I will be buying a few hundred pesos of gas tomorrow. $3.80 USD a gallon, does not change much here, except via the exchange rate. The President has said the country will subsidize prices so that they do not go up. 

Next month we start getting our annual discount on electricity cause we are the frying pan of Mexico.  
Weather improves here tomorrow, but we has -5F wind chills last night. Mexico sounds good today. Smile
Pretty good week in Ron's Dividend Land. Got a couple of dividend's and one tiny raise from O.

Portfolio value did all right this week.

There sure is a lot going on out there in the world that make me wary and a bit grumpy.

But, on Wednesday we fly to Baja California Sur for 10 days. I sure am looking forward to that. We get a lot of dividends during those 10 days - LMT, NIE, GILD, TROW, DLR, ETO, UTG, PEP, PTY, TU, and UGI. It will be fun to get home and decide what to do with the proceeds. That may not seem like a lot of dividend/distributions to folks who own 50-100 positions, but we only have 28 so it is pretty big time for us.

All of you have a good weekend. I am sure we will spend some time watching NCAAW games on Sunday and will look at the NCAAM game schedule and see if there are any of those I want to watch.
That's a lot of dividend payments for a few weeks.  The world is depressing right now.  It's amazing the markets are doing ok, for now anyway.  

Have a good vacation.
It was a very good week in Ron’s dividend land. Lots of divvies received, ending portfolio value at an all time high and we got to spend the week in Baja California Sur with good friends who are now closing in on retirement with an increasingly good handle on DG investing.
Tomorrow we fly home. It will be good to be home and see our furkids

Home now. It was a wonderful trip!!
(04-03-2022, 08:03 AM)rnsmth Wrote: It was a very good week in Ron’s dividend land. Lots of divvies received, ending portfolio value at an all time high and we got to spend the week in Baja California Sur with good friends who are now closing in on retirement with an increasingly good handle on DG investing.
Tomorrow we fly home. It will be good to be home and see our furkids

Home now. It was a wonderful trip!!
Glad you had a good time on vacation. My income is great but my port is stuck near even.  It could be worse right? Smile
So now I have been more focused on mid-yield companies growing at 6% or higher dividend growth rates (some quite a bit higher like TROW, AMGN, LMT, and EOG, for example) with strong dividend safety (mostly the upper ranges of the SSD Safe range on in the Very Safe range) at good valuations, mostly via the yield and PE metrics but I do look at other things.

I call these my four pillars; dividend yield, dividend growth, dividend safety and valuation at time of purchase.

I rarely go below 2.7% yield at time of purchase, though. There are plenty of fish in the seas that I am working

I am going to review 5 of my more recent positions through looking at these four pillars and then I am going to write about my decision on where to spend accumulated dividends.

The order of data below will be ticker, current yield, most recent dividend growth, Simply Safe Dividends safety score and their current timeliness rating and though it is not one of the pillars the share price performance since my purchase.

AMGN 3.2% current yield, 10% most recent raise, 74 DSS, May be Undervalued, up 6.4%

EOG 2.5% current yield, 82% most recent raise, 82 DSS, May be Undervalued, up 37%

D 3.1% current yield, 6% most recent raise, 80 DSS, May be Overvalued, up 12%

STOR 5.2% current yield, 6.9% most recent raise, 70 DSS, May be Undervalued, down 3.2%

TROW 3.4% current yield, 11% most recent raise, 94 DSS, May be Undervalued, up 6.2%

I think I am doing okay in terms of the four pillars on these.

I have some accumulated dividends to spend. Initially I looked at two current positions, AMGN and TROW and have written of my desire to build these positions. At the Vacation Summit discussions, GLW came up.

I had looked at it before and the yield was generally lower than I wanted. Today the yield is 2.97% compared to its 5 year average yield of 2.6%. Current PE is 15.5 compared to its 5 year average of 17.1 and a InfoTech sector PE of 19.4.

I have decided to open a position in GLW. Here is how it does on the four pillars

GLW 2.97% current yield, 13% most recent raise, DSS 77, May be Undervalued.

It is in my range.