Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
SNOW...Another Cramer pump down the tubes. He just said buy it today;. It's down $80 after hours lol Wink

Thank god I don't invest in over valued pump stocks like this one
(03-02-2022, 04:32 PM)Mr1share Wrote: SNOW...Another Cramer pump down the tubes. He just said buy it today;. It's down $80 after hours lol Wink

Thank god I don't invest in over valued pump stocks like this one
Most of them are getting hit even if they make the numbers.  Just too many that have no idea a 40 P/S is not OK. Every few shows Cramer warns not to buy the high valuation stuff now, then advises to buy pre-earnings.
Bought some MMM
Today's buys: AMD, CM, CRM, FAF, GOOGL, LRCX, NVDA, WSM. Have LOs on LOW and DG, LOW may hit at 225, doubt DG gets to 200.
All in on energy/commodities in my trading account now.

Sold NVDA, GOOGL, FB and bought some more oil/gas, coal, and copper.

Holdings in my trading account are roughly 5% of my investments and now include:

ARCH, ATHOF, BTU, CHK, CPG, CRSXF, CVE, EGY, ENPH, HP, ICD, OBE, OXY, SCCO, SEDG, VET

Right or wrong, I think most of these names are still priced off $75 oil and I just don't see prices returning there anytime soon based on the current supply/demand situation.

My current plan is to let these run and use dividends they generate to invest back into tech and other ideas over time.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(03-03-2022, 10:43 AM)EricL Wrote: All in on energy/commodities in my trading account now.

Holdings in my trading account are roughly 5% of my investments and now include:

ARCH, ATHOF, BTU, CHK, CPG, CRSXF, CVE, EGY, ENPH, HP, ICD, OBE, OXY, SCCO, SEDG, VET

Right or wrong, I think most of these names are still priced off $75 oil and I just don't see prices returning there anytime soon based on the current supply/demand situation.

My current plan is to let these run and use dividends they generate to invest back into tech and other ideas over time.
Better be nimble on the backside of this.  You sold some quality after you took the beating.
(03-03-2022, 10:43 AM)EricL Wrote: All in on energy/commodities in my trading account now.

With all your experience this looks like a rookie move  Big Grin

You even have some penny stocks in there lol. Never sell quality for the quick buck  Big Grin
Sold very short term covered calls on my index ETFs again today on the fake opening optimism. This is getting to be predictable. I look forward to buying some actual shares soon.
(03-03-2022, 11:06 AM)stockguru Wrote:

You even have some penny stocks in there lol. Never sell quality for the quick buck  Big Grin

I haven't sold a thing in my dividend growth portfolio, and don't plan to either. As mentioned, this is in my smaller trading account. Your point still holds, but I think the distinction is important. I plan to own both GOOGL and NVDA again down the road, not as sure about FB.

I debated even posting this as I was sure I'd get roasted. But I've always been about transparency, so good or bad I thought I should share.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
It seems a little FOMO but glad you are transparent. Most of the bad calls here are not mentioned again. I am short term bullish on many of your new picks.
(03-03-2022, 11:24 AM)EricL Wrote:

I haven't sold a thing in my dividend growth portfolio, and don't plan to either. As mentioned, this is in my smaller trading account. Your point still holds, but I think the distinction is important. I plan to own both GOOGL and NVDA again down the road, not as sure about FB.

I debated even posting this as I was sure I'd get roasted. But I've always been about transparency, so good or bad I thought I should share.

ALL GOOD ERIC. I hope you hit the million club on those trades.

I created a new portfolio called "Eric's Homeruns" In memory of no baseball  Big Grin
(03-03-2022, 11:24 AM)EricL Wrote:

I used to have a little "play money" myself. May do that a little in the IRA once I get it organized. Or not. Penny stocks are fun. A little goofy sometimes but fun. About the only advice I could give someone is; buy near 52-week lows, make sure they trade at least 100k ADV, don't bother looking for much reliable information - there isn't any, and when the silliness shows up as a one-day double or triple, sell.

Sort of the opposite of investing . . .