Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
One thing is certain. Know one knows where the market is headed tomorrow, the next day or 6 or 12 months from now. So what I'm doing is, I'm not adding any new names. I'm just adding to the names I already own. I add 1 or 2 shares on 10-20 + dips. No tech names or anything with a PE over 30. That's my philosophy going forward.

I believe what others on the board do. Add to you oil, gold, banks, Insurers ect. These are the names that will do well over the coarse of interest rate hikes.

To me oil has a lot more room to run. Gold seems to be on a bull run as well of late.

I hear all these people say buy because these companies are now lower then there pandemic lows. That has not worked the past 6 weeks lol
I'm buying tomorrow. Provided that what happens is a "limited war," which is what I expect, I suspect the markets won't react too much beyond tomorrow. I'm reminded of when Russia took Crimea and stocks barely blipped. I may not go all in with the IRA like I thought I might a few weeks ago but I'll be buying a fair chunk. Sanctions will have some impact but there were sanctions in 2014 too.

Should be lots of stocks on sale tomorrow. I'll pick some up. It may drop further but when I buy a stock at the exact bottom will be the second time (got really lucky once, was funny).
Today was one of those days that make you go hmmm…. War and economic sanctions will impact inflation as Americans stop spending and buckle down out of fear. What’s gets hoarded this week?

Have cash and patience. Keep my normal 401k investing going and wait for a few good buys to pop up.

This changes the game quite a bit, I have doubts the folks in the WH will successfully navigate it….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If we want Russia to suffer economically, we should convince them to buy an ARK ETF." Wink
(02-21-2022, 04:58 PM)MrFortune Wrote: One thing is certain. Know one knows where the market is headed tomorrow, the next day or 6 or 12 months from now. So what I'm doing is, I'm not adding any new names. I'm just adding to the names I already own. I add 1 or 2 shares on 10-20 + dips. No tech names or anything with a PE over 30. That's my philosophy going forward.

I believe what others on the board do. Add to you oil, gold, banks, Insurers ect. These are the names that will do well over the coarse of interest rate hikes.

To me oil has a lot more room to run. Gold seems to be on a bull run as well of late.

I hear all these people say buy because these companies are now lower then there pandemic lows. That has not worked the past 6 weeks lol
Did you say six weeks?  That's a pretty short game for an investor.

I will do what I do when there is doubt, just add a few shares where I see longterm value.   Any sector I wish.  If it was as easy as buying up the list that is projected  to run up, then the institutions would have ran them way up weeks ago.

I hate war but we can't stop it.  The US is weary after two decades of occupying foreign lands and sending our sons and daughters on six deployments.  This will be a new cold war that lasts a long time.

For now I will treat this like an economic trade war.  Some sanctions will sound good, and some will have unintended consequences in a few months. Just like any other attempt to interfere with free trade, it's never straight forward. As Bankerboy said; cash and patience. I won't sit on my hands predicting crashes. Those come when they come.
My POV is that the Ukraine issue and at least the current COVID variant might wind down by the end of March. Maybe we'll have a solid April.
Vladdy said it's a peace-keeping mission. That's a relief. Back to worrying about interest rates.
(02-22-2022, 09:04 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: My POV is that the Ukraine issue and at least the current COVID variant might wind down by the end of March.  Maybe we'll have a solid April.

You must not live in Ukraine.  It won't be winding down in March.
Added HD at $335
(02-22-2022, 09:08 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-22-2022, 09:04 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: My POV is that the Ukraine issue and at least the current COVID variant might wind down by the end of March.  Maybe we'll have a solid April.

You must not live in Ukraine.  It won't be winding down in March.

Right; I meant from an influencing the market viewpoint.  Obviously the citizens of Crimea's lives still aren't the same since 2014.
Added some HD, SOFI, DE, TGT, GOLD and F
(02-22-2022, 09:26 AM)MrFortune Wrote: Added HD at $335
Must have missed the news their "growth" is completely inflation based. 

It's been a long weekend.  Big Grin