Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
(02-02-2022, 06:02 PM)stockguru Wrote: Sub $200 coming for FB. Glad want to buy some lol

It happened on July 2018 for missing the number and poor projection, and it took about 10 months to come back. It will come back again this time but just need some time.

Tech dump going to be big tomorrow. I may not want to hold any now ?
That is certainly possible next time tech gets hit.  I think that is what it would take for me to add much.  I'll buy a little tomorrow if after hours holds.  It's in the falling knife zone I try to avoid.  I agree it will take some time to recover.  Meta is printing money but spending more than I'd like on metaverse.  Zuck isn't going to slow down on that for awhile. He better find a way to monetize it some year soon. 

Some metaverse ETFs are gonna get whacked again tomorrow.

And this is why I trimmed my port down to tickers I thought couldn't miss earnings by much. Forward guidance is what will get you killed though.
tonight i will dream in the meta verse probably a nightmare ?
Eventually the social media companies like FB, YT and Twitter will start losing corporate advertising as the tide turns against them for the damage they are causing to society.

These same companies will be on the run from their wokeness when congress switches hands later this year and those on the right in charge will start being much more brutal in their approach having learned from the left.

Wokeness and censorship aren’t playing well with a vast majority of Americans. It’s only a matter of time before SM and woke corporate America gets squeezed from every direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(02-02-2022, 06:55 PM)stockguru Wrote: tonight i will dream in the meta verse probably a nightmare ?
LOL, dream of 3 billion users worldwide and 20% YOY growth.  Youtube was Google's weak spot this quarter.  The comps are just brutal.  I was pretty sure they wouldn't have blowout earnings but I sure didn't expect the SP to get slammed like this.  

I should go post the winners and losers thread before my port gets hammered tomorrow. Smile It's not a huge position but I own like 47 shares of FB so I will feel this.
I think it is a grotesque over-reaction. Enough so that I just made my first after-hours purchase ever to increase my FB holdings considerably. Anyone who is selling because FB *only* increased EPS by 36 percent in 2021 is out of their mind. Slowing growth matters a lot with a stratospheric P/E, which this cash generating juggernaut does not suffer from.

Not making any predictions about time frame -- my holding period is generally measured in decades. (But the way things have been moving lately, it would not surprise me a bit if it was back closer to $300 by the open tomorrow, as people come to their senses. (Or maybe it will be under $200 -- who the hell knows anymore. But I'll be sleeping fine tonight.))
(02-02-2022, 08:16 PM)Kerim Wrote: I think it is a grotesque over-reaction. Enough so that I just made my first after-hours purchase ever to increase my FB holdings considerably. Anyone who is selling because FB *only* increased EPS by 36 percent in 2021 is out of their mind. Slowing growth matters a lot with a stratospheric P/E, which this cash generating juggernaut does not suffer from.

Not making any predictions about time frame -- my holding period is generally measured in decades. (But the way things have been moving lately, it would not surprise me a bit if it was back closer to $300 by the open tomorrow, as people come to their senses. (Or maybe it will be under $200 -- who the hell knows anymore. But I'll be sleeping fine tonight.))
I think it will be awhile before it sees $300 again, but in the end it's very undervalued at $250.  It will be fine whenever tech is fine again.  What I want to know is who starts dumping shares in VERY profitable companies at 20% off, one minute after the press release?  My hunch is an institution throws up 10K shares at a ridiculously low ASK and starts the panic.  We know what they do after that.  Same thing happened to NFLX.  They aren't going broke either, but had a much higher valuation than FB.
(02-02-2022, 08:16 PM)Kerim Wrote: I think it is a grotesque over-reaction. Enough so that I just made my first after-hours purchase ever to increase my FB holdings considerably. Anyone who is selling because FB *only* increased EPS by 36 percent in 2021 is out of their mind. Slowing growth matters a lot with a stratospheric P/E, which this cash generating juggernaut does not suffer from.

Agreed. And we all know every growth fund, etf ect owns FB in it's top 10. It will come back and we now have a discount to buy it.. I added a few AH's under $250. Why not. with a PE of less then 25.

The only issue I have is FB is losing the young adults and they are fleeing to Tick Tock
They mostly left the base platform years ago. Things will change with time. They have to diversify to keep ad revenues growing. I wish they could acquire new sites but that will never clear FTC unless it's very small. The majority of users are outside the US anyway.

I wonder if AMZN sale starts tomorrow night? Smile
Facebook’s global daily active users declined from the previous quarter for the first time, to 1.929 billion from 1.930 billion.

So this warrants an 80 point drop lol. Come on FB just buy Tick Tock lol
(02-02-2022, 10:39 PM)stockguru Wrote: Facebook’s global daily active users declined from the previous quarter for the first time, to 1.929 billion from 1.930 billion.

Zuck would have to buy a Condo across the street from the Capitol if he tried to buy a porta-potty company right now.  I swear big tech CEOs are getting grilled by Congress quarterly.  Reality is it's probably necessary or five companies will own the world.
(02-02-2022, 10:39 PM)stockguru Wrote: Facebook’s global daily active users declined from the previous quarter for the first time, to 1.929 billion from 1.930 billion.

Here is the question for you facebook believers. 
Which of you use facebook daily anymore? I feel like facebook has been on it's way out, at least in it's current state, for a while now. Too many issues with privacy, confidentiality etc. Long gone are the days you could use their services without giving up all your details, including phone numbers etc. You are the product, everyone knows this, but finally more and more people are actually understanding it.

Facebook was cool. Then it wasn't.
Then they bought tons of other interesting companies. Whatsapp was the best thing since sliced bread, until FB bought it and the privacy went to zero. It'll take years and years, but I will argue that in 2030 whatsapp is no longer the #1 instant messaging tool in the western world. Instagram, I believe, is and will be a success story. 

While that ticktock thing might have been said partly as a joke, it is what they need to do. Big acquisitions are their default expansion plan. The issue is that the regulators won't let them keep doing it anymore.
I use it about 10 minutes per day. Boomer stuff like check a few interest groups, wish a few happy birthdays, sometimes check the newsfeed. FB messenger is the easiest way to drop a non-urgent message to about a dozen people in my life. I only know a few dozen people that are addicted to FB and post many times a day. Used to be more. My kid uses Instagram.

My question back to you is where do the growing billions of free cashflow come from? Why would advertisers pay so much to advertise on unused sites?