Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
(01-24-2022, 02:37 PM)MrFortune Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 01:20 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 11:40 AM)stockguru Wrote: Now now boys lol

I don't have an issue with the post. I don't like either one so. And I only care about getting this market back up lol. So even if Stalin were the President do care. Just want a green day Wink

I added some MSFT, ENPH, EOG, and PM

I want to know if Fenders added 2 more shares on SOXL here Smile

MRNA almost back to pre-pandemic levels now. Wow!!
Some Nostradamus talking SOB. (Mr Fortune I think?) called SOXL at 38.  I am going to assume you are daring me Guru so I am on it.  Might even throw down for three shares.  Hey I liked it at 50 right?  Smile  

This is my boat account but they are on an 18 month backlog so maybe I can upgrade to a yacht, or maybe downgrade to a kayak LMAO.

And I don't agree with that at all. There are plenty of bargains right now. And I'm not talking about tech! 

Ton of great companies out there with a PE of less then 15

Do share some of these! I'm looking to get into buying mode, but I'm looking at my portfolio and the only two quality dividend stocks that are down YoY are HON (down a little more than 1%) and JNJ which is down less than a percent. I don't consider either one of these to be on sale yet.

I can always buy crap that is down 50% from their highs, but I'll wait for a real correction until I do that. Big Grin
COWN, LPX, ALLY, ORI, WHR, KKR, WBA, DKS and BBY just to name a few.
Bought 3 shares of ULTA for now lol

My girls 2nd home lol

Not a bad price to get in with a forward PE of 17. This company does well in any environment

ORCL and NVDA on watch list. Hoping for $193-4195 on NVDA

Also bought some $300 calls on MSFT. Just for fun lol
(01-25-2022, 12:58 PM)stockguru Wrote: COWN, LPX, ALLY, ORI, WHR, KKR, WBA, DKS and BBY just to name a few.

but actually all except COWN and BBY are up from a year ago. 
I'll take one at random, DKS.
Now I don't follow it closely but let's just agree that it is a quality company with a low P/E.

One year ago it was at $67, then it went up to $145, and now we are at $118, you're significantly closer to the all time high than you are to where it was 12 months ago. You might be buying it ~18% below it's all time high but you're also paying a 72% premium compared to what you could have gotten it for exactly 1 year ago. 

Now I have no opinion on whether it's a good buy or not, I don't follow the company closely. However, after being up 72% in the past year, I'd hardly call it a bargain.
(01-25-2022, 11:21 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 02:37 PM)MrFortune Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 01:20 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 11:40 AM)stockguru Wrote: Now now boys lol

I don't have an issue with the post. I don't like either one so. And I only care about getting this market back up lol. So even if Stalin were the President do care. Just want a green day Wink

I added some MSFT, ENPH, EOG, and PM

I want to know if Fenders added 2 more shares on SOXL here Smile

MRNA almost back to pre-pandemic levels now. Wow!!
Some Nostradamus talking SOB. (Mr Fortune I think?) called SOXL at 38.  I am going to assume you are daring me Guru so I am on it.  Might even throw down for three shares.  Hey I liked it at 50 right?  Smile  

This is my boat account but they are on an 18 month backlog so maybe I can upgrade to a yacht, or maybe downgrade to a kayak LMAO.

And I don't agree with that at all. There are plenty of bargains right now. And I'm not talking about tech! 

Ton of great companies out there with a PE of less then 15

Do share some of these! I'm looking to get into buying mode, but I'm looking at my portfolio and the only two quality dividend stocks that are down YoY are HON (down a little more than 1%) and JNJ which is down less than a percent. I don't consider either one of these to be on sale yet.

I can always buy crap that is down 50% from their highs, but I'll wait for a real correction until I do that. Big Grin
My thoughts as well.  There will probably be a time when picking through the rubble makes sense, but if the market drops much more there will be quality that is on sales   Not just stodgy slow growth boomer stocks that are only down a few percent.  I did a little too much of that coming out of the Covid crash in 2020.  Made me feel safe but the beaten down quality growth stocks ran away with the show.  

I may regret this but I re-arranged the deck chairs on the Titanic again today.  Swapped my AMD for more MSFT.  IMO less likely to dip another 20% but time will tell.  If AMD gets crushed I'll be back.  Most chips and software are still getting murdered and who knows when it ends.

EDIT: The MSFT was actually a put sale that went $300 profitable in an hour so I closed it. Guess I'll skip the earnings drama after todays close and revisit it in the morning. I've been stung before on earnings options. Of course there is a reason the premium is sky high.
(01-25-2022, 01:46 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(01-25-2022, 12:58 PM)stockguru Wrote: COWN, LPX, ALLY, ORI, WHR, KKR, WBA, DKS and BBY just to name a few.

but actually all except COWN and BBY are up from a year ago. 
I'll take one at random, DKS.
Now I don't follow it closely but let's just agree that it is a quality company with a low P/E.

One year ago it was at $67, then it went up to $145, and now we are at $118, you're significantly closer to the all time high than you are to where it was 12 months ago. You might be buying it ~18% below it's all time high but you're also paying a 72% premium compared to what you could have gotten it for exactly 1 year ago. 

Now I have no opinion on whether it's a good buy or not, I don't follow the company closely. However, after being up 72% in the past year, I'd hardly call it a bargain.
I have researched DKS and I am a customer.  They have made an astonishing turn around and are the last man standing in the sector.  In the US anyway.  Their big stores are impressive.  I have low confidence in most retail at the moment, but DKS is one I would own soon.  I am waiting for a big box retailer to issue some mediocre guidance. We'll have our answer in 30 days.  Reality is anything can dip with the current market sentiment.
In regards to DKS

You cant base on where the price was a year or 2 ago. DKS is way better positioned now then it was. And growing much faster. I'm I can get a company less then a 10 PE and growling at 20 % clip to me that represents value. 2 years ago the PE was 60 now it's9. If I looked at stocks solely based on how much its up that's not a good formula to use. As long as the story hasn't changed and they are growing earnings year after year with a reasonable PE there's no reason not to own it. I bought it at 69, 72, $87, 92, and $97. Its now crosses the 50 MDA. Not many stocks can say that currently lol

And like Fenders said. No one can compete with them in the US. They already put 2 other sport retailers out of business. The CEO is fantastic.

And you just bought LHX which has run from $168 Wink So your not practicing what you preaching lol Wink
(01-25-2022, 02:34 PM)stockguru Wrote: In regards to DKS

You cant base on where the price was a year or 2 ago. DKS is way better positioned now then it was. And growing much faster. I'm I can get a company less then a 10 PE and growling at 20 % clip to me that represents value.  2 years ago the PE was 60 now it's9. If I looked at stocks solely based on how much its up that's not a good formula to use. As long as the story hasn't changed and they are growing earnings year after year with a reasonable PE there's no reason not to own it. I bought it at 69, 72, $87, 92, and $97. Its now crosses the 50 MDA. Not many stocks can say that currently lol

And like Fenders said. No one can compete with them in the US. They already put 2 other sport retailers out of business. The CEO is fantastic.

And you just bought LHX which has run from $168 Wink So your not practicing  what you preaching lol Wink
Give him hell lol.  He just can't lay off the "Merchants of Death" stocks.  That was a joke, I retired from the Army and we used a ton of LHX gear. 

The DKS by me is impressive.  It is literally the size of a Super WMT.  Only real competitor is 50 miles away and I think Scheel's is regional?  In addition to normal sporting goods, the hunting and fishing stuff is hot in many states.  I really liked Gander Mountain but DKS buried them.  If there was a recession I'd take the sidelines for a while, because huge stores are expensive.  If they keep expanding their internet sales they will be hard to dethrone for years.  You can lay hands on the expensive stuff which is still desirable to many.
Guru,

I'd like to point out that NEE is now below my exit price before I flipped into some mid 80s WEC, so you can stop busting my chops now. Smile
(01-25-2022, 02:52 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Guru,

I'd like to point out that NEE is now below my exit price before I flipped into some mid 80s WEC, so you can stop busting my chops now.  Smile

Yeah but you still missed in selling it at $93 lol  Big Grin

And buy the way I wouldn't own NEE even at these levels. Needs to fall below 60

EPS Growth through 2025 of 6-8%. The P/E should about 15 on this company. The yield is not high enough for an electric utility. JS
(01-25-2022, 03:29 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(01-25-2022, 02:52 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Guru,

I'd like to point out that NEE is now below my exit price before I flipped into some mid 80s WEC, so you can stop busting my chops now.  Smile

Yeah but you still missed in selling it at $93 lol  Big Grin

And buy the way I wouldn't own NEE even at these levels. Needs to fall below 60

EPS Growth through 2025 of 6-8%. The P/E should about 15 on this company. The yield is not high enough for an electric utility. JS
Stop it!!!  But I did flip WEC once and have been selling covered calls for a year.  Do I have to send you brokerage statements, or to Chad first so he can audit them?  Big Grin 

Eric sold me on NEE and it had a good run for several years.  The forward PE on NEE is now 30 (trailing is worse)  They miss earnings now and then and it's a not a good hold here. I sold it for a good reason.  I'd buy it back if it pulled back to sanity.  

6-8% growth is very good for a large UTE, but not with a tech stock PE.  A 15 PE will get you a no growth UTE or other issues.  When I bought my first XEL shares in the 1990s the PE was around 10.  In the 70-80s a good UTE would have a 6-8 PE.  There was a reason though.  Never mind the crazy high CD rates, you could get 5% on a savings account.  Utilities weren't all that attractive as income investments.  

I know you found all of that very interesting.   Big Grin

PS, how did that JAN PayPal 210 strike call go? You clearly stated it was a high conviction trade.
See ya MSFT. Not good at all. Give me $200 lol.. MSFT down over $16 AH's

Sell all your tech. The sector is headed much lower.

I will stick with T Wink

SOXL headed under $30 soon Wink Buy SOXS

PYPL doesn't even matter. I'm not worried about a $10 loss Smile I sold long ago lol