Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
(01-24-2022, 12:24 PM)bankerboy Wrote: We’re not losing money Fender, we’re gaining buying opportunities!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The opportunity part is always the hard part,  but I have always tried to keep my cool.  Well except when I was a kid and tried some margin LOL.  I wasn't too cool that year lol.  As long as you are still feeding a 401K (which I am not), these truly are when you make long-term money.  

I am afraid to look but I need to nibble something, like every 4 hrs for months.  I sure hope not. I am getting too old for this.  Smile
(01-24-2022, 12:36 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 12:24 PM)bankerboy Wrote: We’re not losing money Fender, we’re gaining buying opportunities!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well when you see your portfolio down $27,000 it's not a good feeling.  Cool

Have to get over being scared and buy up the good companies. Can't make money sitting on the sidelines like a scared little boy lol 

Just think back when the pandemic hit and WEN was at $5 lol

And most companies are in better positions now then pre-pandemic

This is just a scare tactic by the sec and the powers to be. All those stop losses are being taken out, and people are scared were going down another 25-30% from here. Cooler heads prevail
At the end of the day we are still in the phase where the weak hands who haven't experienced this before are in panic mode.  They dont't know what they own so they are terrified. The ones that owned complete crap are mostly shaken out at least a quarter ago, or the port is down so bad it doesn't even matter. 

Budgeting your new cash is hard.   Sitting on your hands trying to time the absolute bottom will fail you if you try it enough times.  It sucks to be all in and some stocks you want dip another 20%.  

I hate to suggest this, but if you are out of cash, and have some stocks that have only dipped a few percent, maybe there is your cash? If I had any sense I would dump my UTEs but I don't need investing cash yet.   Just know NOTHING will be spared if the SPY gets hit another 10%.  Some of that $5 WEN or another profitable ticker that gets whacked way too hard might be a good use for it?  You moight have to wait a month or longer for that to happen. Don't buy any crap, no matter how tempting it is. After the dust settles maybe a few of those stocks are worth a gamble after they get halved yet again.Mostof them will just be junk though.
(01-24-2022, 11:40 AM)stockguru Wrote: Now now boys lol

I don't have an issue with the post. I don't like either one so. And I only care about getting this market back up lol. So even if Stalin were the President do care. Just want a green day Wink

I added some MSFT, ENPH, EOG, and PM

I want to know if Fenders added 2 more shares on SOXL here Smile

MRNA almost back to pre-pandemic levels now. Wow!!
Some Nostradamus talking SOB. (Mr Fortune I think?) called SOXL at 38.  I am going to assume you are daring me Guru so I am on it.  Might even throw down for three shares.  Hey I liked it at 50 right?  Smile  

This is my boat account but they are on an 18 month backlog so maybe I can upgrade to a yacht, or maybe downgrade to a kayak LMAO.
Here is the funny thing though, I don't still see many real deals out there. Seriously.
Stocks have had such a huge run that a tiny 10% or so dip is something I don't even pay attention to. I was looking for buying opportunities, and excluding my dodgy hype stocks, pretty much everything is still green on a 1 year chart.

I added some to LHX at $217 and change. Was this a great deal? Nope, it was barely an ok deal. LHX was good at $180, where it was for long periods of time after the merger.

The markets may be bleeding red and the indexes are taking a beating, but I still don't see QUALITY stocks which are cheap. Just some that are a little less expensive than last month.
(01-24-2022, 01:48 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Here is the funny thing though, I don't still see many real deals out there. Seriously.
Stocks have had such a huge run that a tiny 10% or so dip is something I don't even pay attention to. I was looking for buying opportunities, and excluding my dodgy hype stocks, pretty much everything is still green on a 1 year chart.

I added some to LHX at $217 and change. Was this a great deal? Nope, it was barely an ok deal. LHX was good at $180, where it was for long periods of time after the merger.

The markets may be bleeding red and the indexes are taking a beating, but I still don't see QUALITY stocks which are cheap. Just some that are a little less expensive than last month.
That is mostly correct IMO.  There are a lot of quality stocks down 20% but everything was over priced.  The defensive sectors only down a bit.  They wont bounce enough to get me excited.  When the market half recovers you get left in the dust.  They were the place to be last month as you dodged losses.  I like LHX but it's not a bit compelling today.  100 other blue chips in the same spot.
(01-24-2022, 01:20 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

I don't have an issue with the post. I don't like either one so. And I only care about getting this market back up lol. So even if Stalin were the President do care. Just want a green day Wink

Some Nostradamus talking SOB. (Mr Fortune I think?) called SOXL at 38.  I am going to assume you are daring me Guru so I am on it.  Might even throw down for three shares.  Hey I liked it at 50 right?  Smile  

This is my boat account but they are on an 18 month backlog so maybe I can upgrade to a yacht, or maybe downgrade to a kayak LMAO.

Guess I'm an expert now   Big Grin soxl And I added at $37.10 today after selling above $80 not long ago lol

And I don't agree with that at all. There are plenty of bargains right now. And I'm not talking about tech! 

Ton of great companies out there with a PE of less then 15

I find it funny everyone here is saying still no bargains but you all have been buying for months now lol . Many just days ago  Big Grin

Some of these stocks are at 2-3 year lows. And again not evening mentioning tech here haha! A lot have to be down big in some of these names. I know I am in a few. 

LHX was just at $202 a few weeks back, so I will wait for a retest before I add
(01-24-2022, 02:37 PM)MrFortune Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 01:20 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Guess I'm an expert now   Big Grin soxl And I added at $37.10 today after selling above $80 not long ago lol

And I don't agree with that at all. There are plenty of bargains right now. And I'm not talking about tech! 

Ton of great companies out there with a PE of less then 15

I find it funny everyone here is saying still no bargains but you all have been buying for months now lol . Many just days ago  Big Grin

Some of these stocks are at 2-3 year lows. And again not evening mentioning tech here haha! A lot have to be down big in some of these names. I know I am in a few. 

LHX was just at $202 a few weeks back, so I will wait for a retest before I add
Smartest SOXL guy I know this week so you will have to do lol. We both know it could be at 25 or 50 by the end of FEB.  It's fun, but little bets as the underlying chip stocks are still trading at top of historical valuations.     

There really aren't many bargains on quality IMO , just stocks you think might run up on a bounce.  Folks are buying oil and banks and other stuff they should have bought a quarter ago.  I look like a genius now as I am not down much, but the fact is I got stuck with way too much cash when option sells expired worthless in DEC.  I can buy a stock that dipped 10% and if it drops more, oh well it could have been worse I guess.  I always underperform the bulls here.  The only thing I am skilled at is not getting killed nearly as much as the indexes.  There are times when that is a useful skill.  I am getting old so I have to accept that the middle ground might be a good place to be.
Heart 
(01-24-2022, 11:30 AM)poneyboy Wrote: First of all I can say what I want. Last time I checked this was a free country to express your feelings.

So don't tell me what I can and cant post Smile

You're pretty wrong about that PB. It may be a "free" country, whatever that means, but it does not entitle you to an audience. I'm with Fenders on this one -- please let's keep it civil here, and keep unproductive political commentary to a minimum. I don't think I could say it any better than one of my favorite XKCD comics, so I'll just post this again:

I really do think it's OK to say the REPs or DEMS are likely to do this... so I will or won't invest in this. Heck that is just open minded investing and I have figured out how to make money under any president. Politics left unchecked, it just escalates into an unpleasant place. Poneyboy didn't say anything I don't hear everyday. but I will put up some resistance to keep this place constructive, because I think we have something good here, even if the crowd is small.
Monday 24th. There was a reminiscence of Monday 23th. History rhymes, they say. History will tell.

Added to TROW, V, BLK, AMZN, GOOGL,
new positions opened WEC, FB, MSFT,
trimmed PG and HSY to pay for 2 of the previous.

MSFT was a reopening at $ 285.60. Closed it at $203 in July, 2020, for maintaining a cash buffer. No regrets. At least, today it was 16% below M* FV, not so in 2020.
Actions resulted in an dividend income of +0.8%.

my 2cts:
freedom comes with two ends: 1) where other's begins, 2) at the front door.
If guests do not offer to take of their shoes off, we take the freedom not to invite them again. Yet, anyone who offers it, is welcomed to keep them on.
Added to C and GD.
I was able to add some TXRH at 77.50 yesterday. None of my limit orders for anything tech filled. We'll see if that is good or bad.