Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
(01-03-2022, 08:57 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 08:10 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Looks like I'll be dumping RYLD for XYLD today.  RYLD missed its December payment, for reasons unknown to me.  I see this also happened in December 2019, so it's not the first time for it.  Meanwhile, XYLD and QYLD crushed it in December.
Did they already pay out their target 12% yield for 2021?  RYLD is Russell 2000 based (IQM).  That index had a rough NOV-DEC so that' a possibility.  XYLD is Nasdaq 100 based.

Did some more digging.  Over on https://www.dividendinvestor.com/dividen...tail/ryld/ they are reporting a December 29th announcement date, a December 30th ex-div date, and a January 7th paydate, but that's not on the nasdaq site or on E*Trade.  Unless they have 2 January payments, they are still missing a month because the payment dates have been:

June 2
June 29
Jul 27
Aug 31
Sep 28
Oct 26
Dec 1
Jan 7

Well, if that was the ex date, I made it, so I can still move over to the other one and not miss out.
Used my pooled dividends to buy some more BMY this morning.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(01-03-2022, 10:14 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 08:57 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 08:10 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Looks like I'll be dumping RYLD for XYLD today.  RYLD missed its December payment, for reasons unknown to me.  I see this also happened in December 2019, so it's not the first time for it.  Meanwhile, XYLD and QYLD crushed it in December.
Did they already pay out their target 12% yield for 2021?  RYLD is Russell 2000 based (IQM).  That index had a rough NOV-DEC so that' a possibility.  XYLD is Nasdaq 100 based.

Did some more digging.  Over on https://www.dividendinvestor.com/dividen...tail/ryld/ they are reporting a December 29th announcement date, a December 30th ex-div date, and a January 7th paydate, but that's not on the nasdaq site or on E*Trade.  Unless they have 2 January payments, they are still missing a month because the payment dates have been:

June 2
June 29
Jul 27
Aug 31
Sep 28
Oct 26
Dec 1
Jan 7

Well, if that was the ex date, I made it, so I can still move over to the other one and not miss out.
I am not used to mutual funds that pay monthly.  They are under no obligation to pay every month though that is obviously the attraction. Just wait for the first protracted down market.  That's when the blood curdling screams come from everyone that thinks these are a slam dunk huge income payout.

Added a little QQQ and SPY.
Added some CPG in my ROTH.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Bought WM, MSFT, ENPH, and EOG in my sons account
(01-03-2022, 10:45 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I am not used to mutual funds that pay monthly.  They are under no obligation to pay every month though that is obviously the attraction. Just wait for the first protracted down market.  That's when the blood curdling screams come from everyone that thinks these are a slam dunk huge income payout.

Once the child support ends, I will probably exit these funds, so fingers crossed said down market kindly waits for that.
(01-03-2022, 11:12 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 10:45 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I am not used to mutual funds that pay monthly.  They are under no obligation to pay every month though that is obviously the attraction. Just wait for the first protracted down market.  That's when the blood curdling screams come from everyone that thinks these are a slam dunk huge income payout.

Once the child support ends, I will probably exit these funds, so fingers crossed said down market kindly waits for that.
Just keep an eye on the capital bleed down.  Some of them are managing to rise a bit with the index so they aren't just giving you back your own money.  The ones that are in a strong market would concern me. (for good reason).
Well 2022 gave me a more than 2% dip in NSC on the first trading day, so I grabbed a few.
It's still highly valued, but that is a long term trend with the railroads. I'm just adding a bit so the position doesn't look so tiny compared to my others, this is one of those companies I'll be happy to own for the next 50 years.
T on the move and looking good. Look for $28 over the next 3-5 months. My target is now $31 at years end. Not a bad gain plus the spin off.

Added to CODI, MSFT, MDT and WM
Sold NEM and CLF. Nothing wrong with CLF here. Just took a profit and finally got my total tickers under 20 not including index ETFs. That was about a year long project. Not committed to 20. Just forcing myself into higher conviction stocks.
(01-03-2022, 12:54 PM)stockguru Wrote: T on the move and looking good. 

The issue with T is that I have absolutely zero faith in the management. They have shown utter incompetence for so long.

T is like jail, or marriage for that matter.
If you manage to get out and find yourself back in a second time, then it's safe to say that you've learned nothing.  Smile
(01-03-2022, 02:12 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 12:54 PM)stockguru Wrote: T on the move and looking good. 

The issue with T is that I have absolutely zero faith in the management. They have shown utter incompetence for so long.

T is like jail, or marriage for that matter.
If you manage to get out and find yourself back in a second time, then it's safe to say that you've learned nothing.  Smile
Haters gonna hate......  Big Grin

I've heard rumors the spinoff may be delayed until 2023.  If that keeps the big dividend around a few more quarters that may delay the final exodus by the high yielders.