Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quote for the Day - Just Stand there!
While the interests of Wall Street’s businesses are well served by the aphorism “Don’t just stand there—do something!,”
the interests of Main Street’s investors are well served by an approach that is its diametrical opposite:
“Don’t do something—just stand there! - John Clifton "Jack" Bogle
I love this one. I'm always baffled at how so many people just can't handle doing nothing.
(12-16-2021, 10:05 PM)Kerim Wrote: I love this one. I'm always baffled at how so many people just can't handle doing nothing.
Bubbles and greed contribute to this.  Set yourself up for eventual failure.  Buy two decent stocks that are overvalued.  Add four more that are just hyped up junk.  The market corrects 20% and you are down 60% with little hope of recovery ever.

Our DGI ports survive.  It might be ugly but riding it out is actually an option.

I have noticed I can ignore my Index ETFs.  With stocks I am inclined to switch out a couple to improve the port quality in a bad correction.  It usually doesn't make a meaningful difference.  I suppose it makes me feel like I have control.

Maybe a better method is to not fill up your port with grossly over valued stocks?