Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
(12-11-2021, 09:21 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Always good advice.

Heh, it's like physically hard for me to make purchases outside of tech, even though HD and SHW have done extremely well.  I think once the tech core is complete, I'll branch out.  For instance, right now my priority is building HPQ up.  P/E of 6.83!!!
Only you can keep a leash on yourself and self impose some diversification.  Everything high quality is doing extremely well, tech or not.  It's tough to find real bargains right now.  The only thing getting beat up are hyped companies that have no hope of near-term profits.  So many of them are down way over 50%.
NOT BUYING, but selling OCN and YUM on Monday
Bought EOG numerous times this morning. All the way up to a half position in a hour which I rarely do. My XOM-CVX and XLE puts I sold all expiring worthless again so EOG is my oil play for now. If nothing else goes right the first month the income is going to be VERY good with two dividends and one isn't small.
Added to EOG with dividends that hit the account this morning
Added to VIAC, FB, BTI, DIS, JNJ, and LMT with pooled dividends.
Added a bit to my Canadian banks. (CM & TD)
(12-12-2021, 06:01 PM)NilesMike Wrote: NOT BUYING, but selling OCN and YUM on Monday

You learn something new everyday. OCN is not shortable on margin (too volatile)

So it's HNI and YUM
Sold my few shares of ONL from the O spinoff and pooled it with dividends to add a few more shares of EOG ahead of the special dividend.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
started a position in EOG
(12-13-2021, 02:38 PM)EricL Wrote: Sold my few shares of ONL from the O spinoff and pooled it with dividends to add a few more shares of EOG ahead of the special dividend.
Squeeze in some month 12 income Eric.  Are you going to hit the 2021 goal?  Raises have been good this year so I am guessing it's close with pooled Div reinvestment?  I enjoy watching the battle and cheering you on Smile
(12-13-2021, 04:00 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-13-2021, 02:38 PM)EricL Wrote: Sold my few shares of ONL from the O spinoff and pooled it with dividends to add a few more shares of EOG ahead of the special dividend.
Squeeze in some month 12 income Eric.  Are you going to hit the 2021 goal?  Raises have been good this year so I am guessing it's close with pooled Div reinvestment?  I enjoy watching the battle and cheering you on Smile

I should be in good shape. Think I'll end up a bit under 12% growth for the year.

Getting a good start to 2022 as well with eight double-digit dividend increase announcements in the last six weeks.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Hi SA Peeps and others (good to see you here, EricL),

Ending the year with a flurry of buys around Thanksgivingmostly of stocks I already own. However, 2 new ones crept on my radar where I recently made initial buys for the first time, HON in early December. And now today, I made a purchase of TROW.

Back up to 70 positions in my portfolio or thereabouts! I'll whittle it down next year with some planned sells of other stocks.