Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pepsico(PEP)
15% div increase and increased buy back. Way more than I was expecting(8-10%). It seems they are doing a lot better than KO right now. Their snacks business continues to drive growth. Thoughts on adding more at this level?
Well, certainly not as nice as a week ago--but that’s always the story huh;-)

Morningstar rates its fair value as $88--so it’s at a10% discount (MS buy price is $70). If you wanted this as part of your core holdings, it looks like a value (if not a deep value). It appears to be trending up over the last three years (and what hasn't been). But over the last year its seems to be hovering in the $80's range.

If you believe a market correction is imminent, I'd wait for it to see the mid 70's again. If you don't like to "time the market," I'd follow this advice (http://www.dividendgrowthinvestor.com/ "Optimal Cash Allocation for Dividend Investors" ) and take advantage of its MS10% discount.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Ronn
PEP is my oldest holding. Started buying in again in 2006 after selling in the dot.com bust and rode it down and then back up. It's #4 in size in my portfolio but that wasn't intentional. I was getting a little frustrated with the slow growth but kept telling myself they're not the younger Pepsi and just left it to keep fumbling along.

I'm disappointed in Nooyi. The marketing oomph just doesn't seem to be there even though she's concentrated on snacks (Frito Lay) and healthy food (Quaker Oats and other brands). Whatever became of the Pepsi Generation?

I didn't even look at the latest announcement yet but a good kick in the dividend sure sounds appealing.

When I do drink soda, it's a PEP product. Wife & son love Coke so PEP in my portfolio and KO in the wife's.

I agree, mid to low 70's is a better buy point but at $80 it's not that overvalued.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Didn't expect a raise this high. Nice to be wrong.

While currently it's not a screaming buy, 10 years down the road you won't be disappointed that you bought it. I believe that it is slightly below fair value.