Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
KO is safety stock, not much growth and soda sales are declining. And the PE is 32, which is crazy. I made $8 since getting in at $46. I decided to take profits and put it into a higher quality company. I was in the stock just to make a few points + dividend. I never expected to make $8 on it + dividends lol. Switching to LMT seems to have been the right decision lol
Added to FDX and WFC today.

Love UPS today up $9. I had a good feeling about that one lol
(07-24-2019, 10:21 AM)divmenow Wrote: Added to FDX and WFC today.

I am also looking at WFC since a while. Record entry yield, but I'm kind of discouraged about their dividend cuts during bad times. Wondering how safe is the dividend...
(07-24-2019, 10:43 AM)Binary Wrote:

I am also looking at WFC since a while. Record entry yield, but I'm kind of discouraged about their dividend cuts during bad times. Wondering how safe is the dividend...

BAC, C, and JPM all had massive dividend cuts during the financial crisis. Not sure how WFC is any different from the rest. 

Outside of banking/financial crises, which are mercifully rare, banks are usually safe harbors during most downturns and recessions. Stock price may be volatile during such periods, but most stocks are volatile then. Bank capital requirements are stronger today than they were a decade ago, and the likelihood of the next downturn being a carbon copy of the last is pretty low.

Sold out UPS today
WFC just raised its dividend. Banks are in far better shape then there were years ago.
(07-24-2019, 11:27 AM)vbin Wrote:

Sold out UPS today

VBIN I too sold out of UPS today as well. Put the proceeds into FDX and am watching CAT and BA for better entry points. Cat will do much better once China and Tariffs can come to an agreement and now will be the time to add before that happens.
Same here wanted to pull the trigger on cat but checked quick history and numbers and felt that the entry point isn't great. FYI... Ebay announced their own managed shipping. These intiatives will put a long term stress on ups and FedEx unless eBay and other marketplaces pertners with them
(07-24-2019, 12:30 PM)vbin Wrote: Same here wanted to pull the trigger on cat but checked quick history and numbers and felt that the entry point isn't great. FYI... Ebay announced their own managed shipping. These intiatives will put a long term stress on ups and FedEx unless eBay and other marketplaces pertners with them

I was looking @FedEx in the past too. I decided to move away for this very fear.
Who cares about EBay. That will have no affect on FDX or UPS earnings. Most stuff bought on EBay is shipped via USPS anyway. I have bought and sold over 6000 items and always used USPS or has been shipped to me by same shipping service.. FDX is best in breed. At these levels it’s a steal and will he back to $200 in no time. Ebay is very minimal to both companies. No worries
(07-24-2019, 05:54 PM)stockguru Wrote: Who cares about EBay. That will have no affect on FDX or UPS earnings. Most stuff bought on EBay is shipped via USPS anyway. I have bought and sold over 6000 items and always used USPS or has been shipped to me by same shipping service.. FDX is best in breed. At these levels it’s a steal and will he back to $200 in no time. Ebay is very minimal to both companies. No worries
Perhaps 170Milliom active users do. Using USPS or UPS is a personal choice. As far as I know eBay does supports all three options, it isn't just about eBay, sooner or later other market places will have managed shipping. We are still in early stages of e-commerce, FedEx and UPS both will have a big role to play but as more people move towards managed shipping, it can put stress on FedEx and UPS.
I don’t believe that at all. They been saying that for years. The truth is no one can compete with FDX or UPS. There logistics and software can’t be matched. Ebay has a lot of competitors they need to worry about. All those apps you see like offer up, facebook marketplace and Letgo will take market share away from them. It’s free to list and no shipping needed. eBay doesn’t scare me at all. People can gun for FDX but in the end everyone needs them one way or another.