Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
(06-11-2024, 06:43 AM)rayray Wrote: NVDA split and updated cost basis data is finally complete at the brokerage I use.

Where's Ken-do-nim?

It's not like him to not post?

I was going to buy NVDA under $119 but held off. This huge run can’t continue can it lol. With that split and all those shares outstanding now they would have to do a huge buyback to buyback shares. But no one cares about the valuation at this point lol
(06-11-2024, 11:58 AM)stockguru Wrote:
(06-11-2024, 06:43 AM)rayray Wrote: NVDA split and updated cost basis data is finally complete at the brokerage I use.

Where's Ken-do-nim?

It's not like him to not post?

I was going to buy NVDA under $119 but held off. This huge run can’t continue can it lol. With that split and all those shares outstanding now they would have to do a huge buyback to buyback shares. But no one cares about the valuation at this point lol

I actually added to NVDA and also TSLA--XOM today

Nice to see TPL go up again today, yesterday saw a big gain

regarding NVDA, I'm not so sure it's as overvalued as some claim, it's not a easy company to analyze at this very moment--we're in a new form of a tech revolution, between super computers, self driving, AI, robotics, logistics, medicine etc etc etc...i've said this a few years ago pre-covid that there's a beautiful marriage between the fiber/wireless backbone and tech that there's big changes coming because for once we have something in place and can be utilized to see huge changes for the better across so many if not all spectrums

a while back my brother and a few friends were pushing crypto, i said if crypto is as big as you guys claim buy NVDA and some other semi's...they bought crypto i bought more NVDA

it was a good move

NVDA is now my largest holding...for now i'm okay with that--if it goes another up 20 to 40%--i'll trim it--i'll have too

NVDA has become sticky, sure the chips are everywhere but it's the platform that software is getting written on--there's a difference between NVDA and say some other chips, people forget it's more than just chips, yesterday they were a commodity, today their a platform--and there's a reason why NVDA has 80% of the AI market.
AVGO announced 10:1 split

long time holder
Added PH
(06-12-2024, 06:35 PM)rayray Wrote: AVGO announced 10:1 split

long time holder

I’m excited about it. AVGO surpasses XOM and is now my largest holding - most value came from appreciation as last time I added was under $500/share. 

I added MCD today.
(06-14-2024, 03:43 PM)Dividendwayfarer Wrote:
(06-12-2024, 06:35 PM)rayray Wrote: AVGO announced 10:1 split

long time holder

I’m excited about it. AVGO surpasses XOM and is now my largest holding - most value came from appreciation as last time I added was under $500/share. 

I added MCD today.

Great! AVGO has been a really good holding for a long time
AVGO is far and away my largest holding now too. This week, it passed the $10k mark on a $1685 investment made in 2019.

Sure glad I swapped IBM out for it back then!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Added amd, sq
Added CMCSA, AMZN, ORI, NVO and PDD

New positions in HIMS and CAVA