Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offshore profits and taxing
(03-03-2015, 08:58 AM)Joey Batz Wrote: And they say taxation is somehow different from stealing.

I've never blamed anybody who used offshore accounts to hide money. If I could do so without facing legal repercussions (and sleep well at night knowing that I wouldn't get caught), I would do it. I'm not going to put down numbers, but the government (state, local, and federal) take away roughly a third of my paycheck. That's fine if I were making six figures or whatever, but with prices (namely real estate prices and, thus, rent) as high as they are in my city and the value of the dollar what it is, the amount of money I make can only be classified as "Live With Your Parents Until It's Socially Unacceptable To Do So" wages. The money that the government is taking from me? I need that money. Sure, ISIS is beheading people in Iraq and whatnot, I know. It's sad. But I need my money. I can't afford to give that much of it up like that.

It gets much worse as your income increases. I make decent money, but when I got married to someone who makes a similar income I really started getting hammered. It became a game of dodge (legally) the taxman. Max that 401k, IRA, Roth IRA, HSA account, harvest equity losses, ect to lower your taxable income become the norm.

Messages In This Thread
Offshore profits and taxing - by Roadmap2Retire - 02-26-2015, 03:04 PM
RE: Offshore profits and taxing - by benjamen - 02-26-2015, 03:23 PM
RE: Offshore profits and taxing - by Joey Batz - 03-03-2015, 08:58 AM
RE: Offshore profits and taxing - by benjamen - 03-03-2015, 11:27 AM
RE: Offshore profits and taxing - by rayray - 12-30-2015, 10:12 PM